Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 6:17:59 PM EDT
Ok thi is gonna sound as they say in Boston RETAAAAAAAAAARded! I am trying to screw on an A2 flash hider on my m4 and I cant get it with the slots down. Is there a trick to do this so the slots face down symetrically?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Peel washer or crush washer.  with a Peel Washer, you'll have to take off strips of the washer to get it just right.  With a Crush washer, which is basically a lock washer you just tighten it down until the slots are timed right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Peel washer or crush washer.  with a Peel Washer, you'll have to take off strips of the washer to get it just right.  With a Crush washer, which is basically a lock washer you just tighten it down until the slots are timed right.
View Quote

Thats my problem I cant time it right. Maybe I should just go A1 LOL...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats my problem I cant time it right. Maybe I should just go A1 LOL...
View Quote

Do you have a washer?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Bah, ditch that useless A2 flash hider/compensator and get a REAL flash hider -
[url=www.smithenterprise.com/buy/vortex.asp]The Smith Vortex[/url]. No timing issues. Just screw it on and go. Plus, it will eliminate ALL of the flash - period.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top