Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:37:28 PM EDT
Long story short, the scope on my rifle is an older VX-3 that has the coin slot style adjustments and a regular duplex reticle.  Considering I'd like to try shooting it at longer ranges this summer, that's not exactly a precision setup but there's no budget for changing scopes.  (this one was a gift) When I have funds, I'll upgrade to a Vortex PST or similar in a mildot, but considering how little I get to shoot these days the Leupold will work for a good while.

So I was wondering if anyone knew where to find something like the old Stoney Point turrets or if there was a better way to go about this.  The only place I've managed to find the Stoney Point ones are (likely) knockoffs from China.  Let alone that the real ones had mixed reviews about their adjustment measurements not matching the scopes on occasion, the 'flat head' not fitting right, missing parts, etc.

Basically this kind of setup.

Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That’s the Chinese ones I was meaning. I’ll get them if no other options are out there though. Just wanted to see what else works.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Kenton Industries makes several different types.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kenton Industries makes several different types.

CHRIS
View Quote
Not one that fits, thank you though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Will Leupold Custom Shop install turret knobs for you?  I know they will under some conditions.  Perhaps availability is affected by scope models, previous knobs, etc.

Call them.  They have great customer service.

Custom Shop web page
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
How about this Leupold product?

Article

Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Will Leupold Custom Shop install turret knobs for you?  I know they will under some conditions.  Perhaps availability is affected by scope models, previous knobs, etc.

Call them.  They have great customer service.

Custom Shop web page
View Quote
I was thinking about asking them if there wasn't a cheaper option.  It would end up being a complete scope tear down and rebuild essentially since they'd have to replace the erector/adjustment assembly.  Unfortunately, it looks like they killed the screw on caps, at least everywhere I've looked.  Just have the CDS dials left, which this scope is way before CDS came out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Call and ask.  At least send an email.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Call and ask.  At least send an email.
View Quote
Just talked to them.  $150 + shipping for a pair of them.  At that point, I might as well just save up a bit more and get a used PST off the EE.  

Unless I find something else workable in the next day or two, I'll just order a set of the Chinese ones and hope.  I'm not afraid of hand fitting or tweaking if I need to.  Mostly it's wanting the adjustment markings to be accurate.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top