Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 3:34:39 PM EST
What is the easiest way to cover / fix a couple of small scratches on my receiver? It makes it look so ugly and I want to make it pretty again.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:56:03 PM EST
Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. Degrease the area, apply with a Q-tip, let dry and wipe off excess. It works OK to cover minor scratches. Get it at most sporting goods stores - Gander Mountain, Cabelas, etc.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:56:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:58:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

I figured I'd give him a straight answer before "YOU GUYS" bumm rushed him.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:01:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

I figured I'd give him a straight answer before "YOU GUYS" bumm rushed him.

You know US well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:02:09 PM EST
Thanks.

Thought it was a legitimate question. Why would I be "bum rushed"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:04:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:05:38 PM EST
I'll need a big can then!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:08:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Samiam236:
Thanks.

Many here, myself included, think that the "pretty rifle" thing gets carried way too far around here. These rifles were meant to be tools, not range or safe queens. I understand the significant investment issue involved for many, and I know all the tricks for keeping them pretty because I tried, yes tried - past tense, to build uppers and sell them for a while. Too many people want something for nothing, so that venture failed miserably.

Anyway, enough of that - none of my rifles are safe queens and I don't treat them that way. If they get dinged, they get dinged. Unless you purposely try to make your rifle look used - - it shows use and may imply some level of competency with the weapon. I'm very leary of the glassy-eyed newbie with his new smelling rifle at the range, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:20:27 PM EST

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:24:22 PM EST
Yeah, its like buying a brand new car, and you know it will not take long before you notice your first scratch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:13:56 PM EST
Sharpie.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:22:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By akchameleon:
Yeah, its like buying a brand new car, and you know it will not take long before you notice your first scratch.

And after enough scratches on your new car, you quit noticing them, and noticing how great the drive train is for all the miles on it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:52:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By cnorton:
Sharpie.

for writing "Killroy was here"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:22:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:

Originally Posted By Samiam236:
Thanks.

Many here, myself included, think that the "pretty rifle" thing gets carried way too far around here. These rifles were meant to be tools, not range or safe queens. I understand the significant investment issue involved for many, and I know all the tricks for keeping them pretty because I tried, yes tried - past tense, to build uppers and sell them for a while. Too many people want something for nothing, so that venture failed miserably.

Anyway, enough of that - none of my rifles are safe queens and I don't treat them that way. If they get dinged, they get dinged. Unless you purposely try to make your rifle look used - - it shows use and may imply some level of competency with the weapon. I'm very leary of the glassy-eyed newbie with his new smelling rifle at the range, but that's just me.

I feel the same way about reliced guitars .
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:11:56 PM EST
Actually thought about using a sharpie!
Top Top