Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2016 6:33:33 PM EDT
For some reason I have always wanted a white rifle but have never followed through on my plans.  Well...I finally made the jump.  While it isn't completely white, the "snow camo" came out awesome.  The logo I integrated into the receiver set is from another group I belong to.

Rainier Arms Lower with mil spec parts kit except ALG QMS trigger and Strike Ind takedown pins.  STR stock and BAD grip.  

BCM stripped upper, SLR 12" rail, Rainier Arms/Rock Creek 13.7" barrel with a perm attached via silver solder B.E. Meyers flash hider.  PSA Premium BCG with BCM CH.

Magpul MBUS and Vortex SparcAR are on order.

Color palate includes...NRA blue, White, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Stainless, Black, and clear coat.  Special thanks to Kristoffer at KM3 solutions for the Cerakote.

I know it may not be everybody's thing, but hey, I like it!

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!  Nice work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Painting inside the hand guard must have been fun. I like that touch.

Imho the solid black grip/stock need the snow cam job as well.

I like you didnt do the barrel.

Eta  I also like you didnt do the small parts.
 What mag release is that?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The stock was done...it was an MFT minimalist stock.  The heating to 160 degrees for cerakote made the rubber butt pad pull away from the stock in 2 places so I just replaced it with a magpul stock.  I sold the MFT for $20 on the EE as it was still functional.  

Just note that the MFT minimalist stock really doesn't hold up that well to heat.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care what it looks like as long as it shoots.

I am getting ready to do a white as I type this, just to damn cold to go to the shop for the milling part of it!

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My first thought as well.

Quoted:
The stock was done...it was an MFT minimalist stock.  The heating to 160 degrees for cerakote made the rubber butt pad pull away from the stock in 2 places so I just replaced it with a magpul stock.  I sold the MFT for $20 on the EE as it was still functional.  

Just note that the MFT minimalist stock really doesn't hold up that well to heat.
Just in case you (and apparently your applicator?) weren't aware, there are two types of Cerakote. One type doesn't require baking. Just saying....
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a lot of time went into this but, I personally do not like white. Good job in any event.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like it also, I'm right in the middle of deciding which way I want to go also. I was considering a camo of White, crushed silver, tungsten, black. Or I may just go strait up Tungsten. I really like yours though, good job.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like it and the blue on the inside of the handgaurds is a great touch.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Painting inside the hand guard must have been fun. I like that touch.

I like you didnt do the barrel.

Eta  I also like you didnt do the small parts.
 What mag release is that?
View Quote

Mag release is strike industries
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top