Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2002 6:36:03 PM EDT
Today I went to pick up some S&B .45 ammo at $169 1000.  I told the salesperson I wanted a case, so he went into the warehouse and brought back 2 cases of S&B.  When he started to ring up the bill he said it would be $87, so I whipped out my checkbook and got out of there FAST!  He billed my for a case of World War 2 military .45 at 756 rounds.  So, in all I picked up 2000 rounds of S&B for $87.  I thought I would rub it in a little!  Funny thing is I usually don't have good luck!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a KAC foregrip from Sableco and they accidently sent me a complete NIB RAS instead.  I called them immediately and sent it back.  I guess if I hadn't done that I would have a better story.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess you have no moral conscience at all, and to brag about it to boot. You're probably
the same person that would be first to flame away at someone who accidentally OVER charged you. I guess some have an easier time sleeping
than others. BTW, it probably will come out of his pocket to make up for the loss.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I can’t believe someone would brag about something like this.

Did it ever enter into your head to set the sales person strait?

My wife worked in retail for years and if this happened to her she would have two choices; pay the difference out of her check of loose her job.

THISISME
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Was this a small shop you ripped off, or was it OK because it was a giant faceless corporation?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Today I went to pick up some S&B .45 ammo .  .  .  .  Funny thing is I usually don't have good luck!  

Now you have learned a little lesson. When you have such "good luck", don't brag about it.

I've seen the same type of comments on LS1.com, when some guy got a unexpected "discount" on Mobil 1 oil @ Kmart.

Never mind that the retailers rip off the consumer at every turn. Never mind the news stories of mis-pricing that go uncorrected. Never mind that the retailers buy as many foreign-made items as possible rather than USA made. Never mind how they treat their customers or heck, even their own employees!

The Jodi(s)& THISISME(s) will always criticize you for not speaking up to protect the profits of the corporation. Next time, enjoy your windfall and keep quiet to avoid the derision of the self-righteous.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

. . .and avoid the derision of the self-righteous.

Self-Righteous: adj : excessively or hypocritically pious; "a sickening sanctimonious smile" [syn: holier-than-thou, pietistic, pietistical, pharisaic, pharisaical, sanctimonious]

Excuse me, I'm not hypocritical.  I always speak up when I am under or overcharged by a store.  Obviously, some of us here have better ethics than others.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Ron...,
    I've never touted myself as being on the self-righteous bandwagon. I know what is right
and what is wrong though. If you have problems
(which you obviously do) with large corporations and their profitability, do one
of two things: don't buy from them, or move out
of our capatalistic society. But from your post, you and M-K both have the same lack of
conscience that noone can ever change.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Excuse me, I'm not hypocritical.  I always speak up when I am under or overcharged by a store.  Obviously, some of us here have better ethics than others.

Yes, without a doubt, I would say your ethics are better than the majority of retailers.
"Have a joy-joy day"!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, guys.  Let's please not turn this into a name-calling-fest.  Please.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Ron...,
    I've never touted myself as being on the self-righteous bandwagon.

But you've adopted the attitude perfectly.

I know what is right and what is wrong though.
As you claim. But only you and your priest know. What we know is what you are willing to reveal.

If you have problems
(which you obviously do) with large corporations and their profitability, do one
of two things: don't buy from them, or move out
of our capatalistic society. But from your post, you and M-K both have the same lack of
conscience that noone can ever change.  

No, I prefer to fight them. I don't run from a problem. I also enjoy ticking off self righteous types that judge other people's conscience and motives.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#12]
If you can live with yourself and your beliefs,
more power to you. Enough said on this topic.
Alpha Michael Foxtrot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Gentlemen,
I really don't think that taking advantage of anyone or any entity in this manner should be subjectively justified.  If I think Exxon is the right arm of Satan because they spilled some oil on a bunch of barking harp seals does that give me the right to gas up at one of their stations and drive off without paying?  How about I just reach over and snatch a bunch of those big overpriced pickles at the theatre because I think they overcharged me for my movie ticket?  Or maybe I could come over to your house and steal your weedeater because I feel like you don't pay me enough to mow your yard?  Most of the time doing the right thing is neither the easiest nor most financially advantageous thing to do.  Morality and ethics are not subjective in a civilized society.
regards, Cleophis    
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, normally I would correct the error, then feel like an idiot as I wrote out the check for the higher amount

There have been 2 exceptions.  Both times were from large national stores.  Both times I had ordered an item on the floor, but not in stock.  After the items came in and picked them up.  About a week or so afterwards the stores call me to pick up my items and I tell them I already have them.  After SEVERAL such calls from people with lousy attitudes bordering on harrassment I went and picked them up.

I did get a good ammo deal recently though.  A friend of my roommate was moving out of state and wanted to get rid of a bunch of ammo.  I did not know exactly what was there but was told it was several hundred dollars worth.  I only had $50 to spare, threw caution to the wind and sent my roommate over with the money.

She gets back and I go to empty her trunk.... Jackpot!  
500 rounds of PMC .223
100 rounds of Wolf .223
400 rounds of some Russian soft point .223
77 rounds of .338 winmag
20 rounds of 45/70
100 rounds of .44mag
60 rounds of .22LR shotshells
??? rounds of CCI Blazer .22LR (at least 400, can't remember the count)

All of this in decent shape ammo cans.  He also threw in a hard case, an assault case, a few miscellaneuos AR parts, and 2 Crossman BB guns.

I felt like I stole something - without the guilt!  I kept the cans, cases, .22 and PMC ammo.  Sold the 44mag, .338, 45/70, and some of the Russian .223 at super discount prices at a gun show for $75+.  BB guns are going out for $25 this week.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Morgan-Keegan

How could you even leave the store with 2 cases at $87. That is wrong. I would never in my entire life do something like that. I wish I was there to correct the mistake. A big mistake at that. You should not have left the store with less than 6 cases. Hahahaha

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Your good luck may have been a test and the result may be some bad luck. I have made plenty of bad choices in the past that I thought were GOOD ONES and some have come back to haunt me.

my .02
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I once bought an AR lower from a local store, Did the paperwork, bought a case of ammo and a few other small things. NICS, FED's approved paid for my stuff and went home. The next day looking at the receipt, I noticed they didn't charge the $160 for the lower with all the other stuff I bought, so I went back to the shop and told them they forgot to charge me for the lower, I HAD to almost talk them into believing me that they didn't charge me. When they finally realized what they did wrong, they charged mw for the lower and gave me a discount for being honest. So in the end....

My honesty and their customer appreciation both were rewarded!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Morgan-Keegan2,

I define honor as that which we do when we know that no one is watching.  So tell me...are you an honorable man?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Morgan-Keegan2,

I define honor as that which we do when we know that no one is watching.  So tell me...are you an honorable man?

Regards,
Gary

That about sums up my thoughts on the subject
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Bad Karma.  You need to make things right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is the details.  I would consider myself an honorable man (if you don't think so who cares)  Fact of the matter is that I've bought ammo from this place before (.308 battle packs) and the ammo would not fire.  I talked to the salesperson (same guy who sold me the .45) and he said they wouldn't replace it or they couldn't replace it with other ammo.  Needless too say I was out $175 of useless .308 that I still have today.  If this was a place that I liked I would have told them about it and paid the extra $, but the salespeople are usually arrogant and won't give you the time of day!  In the end we're even and I'll sleep well tonight!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Why did you go back if they sold you crap?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#23]
A day without a good rationalization is like a day without.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Exactly. If they won't stand behind thier product then why go back to them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Tsk, Tsk.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#26]
It's already been said...But I'll second or third it.
"Theft by deception"- You knew a mistake had been made on the total bill,You chose not to do the honest thing,mention the mistake.
Greed,it affects some people more than others,All to save a few bucks...I'm going to throw a stone at you,You were wrong.My father used to say " What a person will say or do in front a person - They will do to You...I'm saying If you will Deceive that store - You'll deceive me.[:\]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#27]
and brag about it no less.  But its OK because the sales people are rude and the .308 purchased didn't work, and they wouldn't exchange it.  Isn't Morgan Keegan an investment firm?  Good grief......
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My father used to say " What a person will say or do in front a person - They will do to You...I'm saying If you will Deceive that store - You'll deceive me.[:\]

I agree, I can see buying something from the guy and then he would rationalized why he f-cked you.  Something like, "you should have known better."
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I thought it over a little bit and here is what I'm going to do about the situation.  I've decided to take back the ammo and pay the diffrence *One exception though, they must credit me for the $175 in bad .308 they sold me**  This would put us at about even.

For some of the people that said that I'm dishonest I guess you need to look at the AR15 feedback page!  It's VERY easy too say what you would or should have done in my same situation (until you are there) Maybe, the thoughts of saving a couple of dollars did cloud my good judgement somewhat, but you too would have been a bit upset if not wanting to refund my .308 purchase.  BTW, for those who asked why did I go back and buy again, the reason for this is the thought of saving a few dollars distorted my first bad experience (ammo on sale and I did realize this was surplus, so I knew not all ammo was bad and this new stuff should be fine.  Do you think they (Corporation) would have called me up and told me they overcharged me for something?  Heck no, they wouldn't!    
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Man, did I screw up. Now I'm fired! How am I going to support my family?[>(]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#31]
<---- Look I had to move to Ohio. You happy?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:16:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Keep it in good conscience. If the salesman was sloppy, then he HAS to take the hit. Survival of the fittest (most vigilant)
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. If they won't stand behind thier product then why go back to them?

Wouldn't it be funny in a way, if the S&B didn't work?

<scene at shop>
"You just undercharged that guy a lot!"
"yeah, but it was that waterdamaged stuff from the basement. Besides, he pissed me off about some 308 a while ago."
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well, I thought it over a little bit and here is what I'm going to do about the situation.  I've decided to take back the ammo and pay the diffrence ........snip.....

Well I for one am proud of you. Not just for taking it back and paying but mostly for your willingness to accept criticism, admit that you made a mistake and then do the right thing. All of us make mistakes; not all of us will admit them and correct them.....or even change them. I say good for you Morgan-Keegan2!

PigPen
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top