Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:03:30 PM EST
Well, ive had the scope for probably 10 years..just sitting...my uncle gave it to me..its just a Tasco 3x9..and i got to thinking.."hey..that looks kinda retro..especially with that dent " so i looked for a cheap mount..and after aquiring that...i looked for cheap rings..both weaver..both aluminum.both for under 20 bucks ..(Hopefully theyll hold zero..since its not a big recoil rifle it should be ok..i am going to look for a rubber/metal washer for the base though... Anyway..heres my less than 20 dollar setup

It kinda looks retroo

Ethan
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:15:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 1:16:16 PM EST by crackedcornish]
Originally Posted By hemiman:
Well, ive had the scope for probably 10 years..just sitting...my uncle gave it to me..its just a Tasco 3x9..and i got to thinking.."hey..that looks kinda retro..especially with that dent " so i looked for a cheap mount..and after aquiring that...i looked for cheap rings..both weaver..both aluminum.both for under 20 bucks ..(Hopefully theyll hold zero..since its not a big recoil rifle it should be ok..i am going to look for a rubber/metal washer for the base though... Anyway..heres my less than 20 dollar setup

It kinda looks retroo

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/eboggs09/DSCN1355.jpg
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/eboggs09/DSCN1351.jpg

Ethan

check the nearest Home Depot in the plumbing section, look through the faucet washers..they come in many different shapes and sizes

ETA: nice rig
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:19:33 PM EST
purty cool, id keep the 20 rounder in. if ur gonna go retro, go all the way.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:20:51 PM EST
That should be fun! Looks good. Where are you putting the washer? Between the bottom of the handle and screw nut? I wonder how one of those rubber ones that go on the top and bottom would work (I have no idea what they are called, but look like a sideways H from the side.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:24:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By RLR350:
That should be fun! Looks good. Where are you putting the washer? Between the bottom of the handle and screw nut? I wonder how one of those rubber ones that go on the top and bottom would work (I have no idea what they are called, but look like a sideways H from the side.)

Yea i wanna put a washer on the bottom to keep the nut tight..

ive got quite a bit of those govt. 30's get em for........ive got a colt 20..and thats a repro one..
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:26:03 PM EST
Hey, old 30's look darn good with all that wear!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:27:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By OlGunner:

hey..thats the nicest one i got!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:58:14 PM EST
link to bonded washers
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:58:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 4:02:30 PM EST by Morg308]
You could have starred as a SWAT team member on Starsky & Hutch with that setup! Those old Tascos have a good rep - Colt used the Tasco rubber armored 3-9x variable on the HBAR Delta with good effect. The only bad thing about the 30's is they are hard to shoot prone or off the bench. I took several shooting the last time I went, but OlGunner wouldn't let me use them - he kept stripping rounds out for the 20 rndr I was using. Of course, he learned to shoot as a boy on the great plains with a .45-70 Trapdoor Springfield, and as he said to me: 'We done took care'a them Injuns then jes' fahn with a single shot. No sense in wastin' Ammo."
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:36:23 PM EST

I'm not dissin' it––I'm serious. I got a whole box like that and worse. As long as they work, I like 'em just fine!
They've got that "been there and back again" look!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:49:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Morg308:
...as he said to me: 'We done took care'a them Injuns then jes' fahn with a single shot. No sense in wastin' Ammo."

Please, sir, do endeavor to be more politically correct. The preferred terminology, I believe, is "indigenous Americans".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:37:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By Morg308:
...as he said to me: 'We done took care'a them Injuns then jes' fahn with a single shot. No sense in wastin' Ammo."

Please, sir, do endeavor to be more politically correct. The preferred terminology, I believe, is "indigenous Americans".

If they're attacking your wagon train, then they're Injuns. If they're in your twelve-step support group, or political action committee, then they're 'indigenous Americans'.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:44:49 AM EST

I'm not dissin' it––I'm serious. I got a whole box like that and worse. As long as they work, I like 'em just fine!
They've got that "been there and back again" look!

I know i love the old wear on those 30's
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:45:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 2:47:09 AM EST by MRW]
Top Top