Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:06:32 AM EDT
So I picked up an A3 BM over at sportsman wherehouse over christmas. Now I'm lookin around for a scope and have no idea what to buy. I'd like to keep it around $500. The Leatherwood M1200 in the BM catolog looks intresting. I would like to pick up somthing simular if not that one. Comments/links? Where the best place to buy? Thanks..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I picked up an A3 BM over at sportsman wherehouse over christmas. Now I'm lookin around for a scope and have no idea what to buy. I'd like to keep it around $500. The Leatherwood M1200 in the BM catolog looks intresting. I would like to pick up somthing simular if not that one. Comments/links? Where the best place to buy? Thanks..

First of all, welcome to ARFCOM!

Now let me also be the first to say this (so it will be said politely)
If you want any specific input from these guys, you'll need to please provide more information.

What do you want to be able to do with this rifle? (range, competition, hunting, zombies?)

What distances will you be shooting most? (cqb, 200, 1000?)

What barrel length do you have?

That will help a GREAT deal in being able to suggest the correct optic for your intended purpose.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a year or so tring to learn the good and bad.
I"ll be using the gun mostly at the range and target pratice for now but would like a good all around scope. I have the 20 inch barrel. As far as distance...I'm not sure at this point in time. I've never had a gun with a scope before. Thanks..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#3]
you could find a decent luepold veriX for around 500, anything in between 1x16 should do you fine
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top