Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:13:02 PM EDT
Hello, I just purchased an Bushmaster AR15 flat top carbon model 4. I also have been lurking reading all of the reviews of scopes and what not on this site and wow what a great site! I have a question about the mounting rings. What is a good brand of rings to get for a Super Sniper scope. I just purchased one of the 10x42's also. I need to get some good quailty rings to mount it. Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going to just leave it mounted the the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#3]
How much do you want to spend?  That's always an important factor.  You can spend from $15 to $130 on rings.  If you only have the one rifle to worry about, and you can afford it, go ahead and spend a few bucks and get something good.  

Badger, IOR tactical...something along those lines.  If you can't spend that much, Burris Zee rings are rock solid.  They don't look "tactical", but I've got several sets, and they'll do the job.  

Just remember, that's a 30mm tube on that scope, so you need 30mm rings.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies! I can spend some $$ on a good mount I like the Badger mounts quite a bit. All now I need to know is how high the mount should be? High, med or the low. I have seen some pictures of my same AR flat top model with it looks to be the high mount? The high mount is about 1" in height. Is this what I want to get? I don't want to rest my head on the stock of the rifle to see the scope with a low mount. What are you guys using? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been reading through the past posts about the forward mounting systems. I am confused now on the fixed mounts and the forward mount systems. The scope I ordered is the Super Sniper Tasco 10X42. I have seen the LaRue Tactical SPR-EER forward mount (which looks nice).  I really didn't take in to consideration about the whole eye relief thing, this is going to be the first scope I have bought. Please excuse the newbie questions, I have searched through the FAQ's and didn't come up with quite what I was searching for.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top