Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2005 12:01:37 PM EST
I have a 20 in flattop upper and am having problems mounting my scope. I initially bought Millett High rings in the 1 in variety. I wasn't suprised that the adjustable objective scope sat against the free floating rail from YHM. I thought I would just use a set of Bushmaster mini risers from YHM and now it sits too high to get a good cheek weld.her
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:32:12 PM EST
Doom, Im in the same boat as you. I am trying to scope a Bushmaster Varminter and asking all sorts of questions. I an anxious to hear how yours comes out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:50:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 3:51:30 PM EST by hapjack]
The Millett rings are okay, the extra high rings measure 1.025" from top of base to inside bottom of ring or 1.525" on axis from top of reciever to center of scope, this should work.

I like the Armalite one piece mount.

Some good info here >> www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=134&t=141691
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:23:41 AM EST
Thanks for the input guys, I"m sure hoping the higher rings will solve the problem. If not, I'll probably end up buying an extended rail platform.

Does anyone know that if I mount the forward rings to the free float tube and the rear set to the reciever if this will work? I imagine there will be a slight offset. With that in mind, the idea of an extended platform came to mind. I haven't been to the range to test this theory and if it's true then I'm buggered .
Top Top