Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 5:43:06 AM EDT
I've about decided on a Rock River Arms 16" CAR A4 with the detachable carry handle.  I want to mount a scope on the flattop, but also be able to swap between the scope and the carry handle.  I'm thinking about getting the Rock River Arms HiRiser 1" Scope Mount (the one with built-in rings).
Will this scope mount put the line of sight of the scope at the same height as the line of sight of the detachable carry handle?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been researching this also. From what I gather the RRA mount is about 1 1/8" off the rail to bottom of ring. The Armalite 1 piece mount is designed to put the center of scope in line with original irons. It is around 3/4" off rail to bottom of scope ring, then by the time you figure the center line of ocular lense on scope, that is where original irons would be. I bought the Armalite & am waiting on a backordered scope. The Armalite is $75 at www.Quanticoarms.com  The RRA is cheaper, but doesn't offer the recoil stops like the Armalite. Also the Armalite is offset forward about 1". That allows you to mount the scope a little more forward for proper eye relief.

I haven't checked into some other brands of 1 piece mounts, but most claim the Armalite is worth the little extra $.

I was concerened the Armalite might not be comfortable for me (have a long face), but I do like to bury my cheek on stock.

Good luck,
HS
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Suggest ya check out this thread and look at the Armalite scope mount, which Troy lauds, suspect it might be the answer to your query.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=168093&w=myTopicPop[/url]

As to the height, I'm not sure, but it should be high enough to work well off your flat-top.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the Armalite based off of recommendations here, espeically Troy's.  It is on the same sight plane as the standard irons, which are just about perfect for me.

It really is as nice as they say, and the extended forward ring was the big factor for me.  I prefer the "nose-against-the-charging-handle" cheekweld; I still cant do that with my scope, but the Armalite gets me closer than conventional rings will.  Got it for $75 from Quantico Arms.  Good service and good product.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered one of the one peice scope mounts from quantico arms too.  It looks like a great mount.  I should have it next week.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top