Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:31:53 PM EDT
Weekend plinker, have a Bushmaster A2 so my scope mounts on top of the handle.  Tried to sight it in this last weekend and hit the mechanical stop trying to bring it down on the paper @ 100 yards.  A guy at the range suggested lower mount rings, have looked on line and the low profile ones will only lower about a third of an inch if that much.  Any Suggestions.  Don't have the funds right now to buy a flat top upper.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a dumb and irrelevant question, but is your carry handle scope mount installed correctly? The reason I ask is that someone posted a picture here once of one that was clearly mounted backwards. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a Leupold, there are no arrows or letters stating front or back.  Put it on both ways and it looks the same.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is a Leupold, there are no arrows or letters stating front or back.  Put it on both ways and it looks the same.

The top of the carry handle slopes forward, so there will definitely be a front and back to the scope base.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The sides of the rail slope but the inside were the mount sits is flat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
All of the carry handle mounts that I have seen have a raised lip on both sides that sits on top of the "sloped rails" of the carry handle. These lips parallel the carry handle's rails when properly installed. I'm not familiar with the Leupold model; perhaps it isn't made like the others.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top