Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:25:37 AM EDT
I was looking at a ss for it cause I'm gonna go prairie dog hunting one of these years but I saw a bsa 3-12x40 sweet .223 for 50 $.  Around here I don't shoot that far but with prairie dogs didn't know how big of scope to use, I love the sweet 17 I have on my savage .17.  Any help or opinions is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The SS is A LOT of scope.  The BSA is trash.  If you are looking for a good prarie dog scope that doesn't break the bank:

Bushnell Elite 3200

I mean...they are the standard optic shipped out when you buy a Barrett .50 caliber rifle!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't really know shit bout scopes would that be good for 400-600 yards.  I've had real good luck with my bsa on my 17 it goes on my 4 wheeler and hasn't lost zero with all the bumping around.  I thought barrets came with leupolds?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Sweet .223 on my AR and have had nothing but great luck with it, it zeroed in at 100 and works up to 400 deadon with 55grain vmax's,, and it rides in the back of the truck half the time and holds zero great..
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top