Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 6:53:59 PM EDT
So, I bought my first AR last year.  I got a new Colt LE6920.  Man, I love this baby.  I've only been to the range a few times though, since I've had so much work to do.  At our range, I've been shooting from about 50-75 yards out.  For me that's pretty good since I've never really shot a rifle before.  I want to mount a scope on my rifle so I can do some long range shooting but I have absolutely no idea where to begin.  I would also like a red dot laser.  I'm not sure what the normal range most people shoot from, or what the range of most scopes are.  After reading so many great responses from you guys over the years, I figured you guys are the experts and can recommend some kind of setup for me.  -Mike

Colt LE6920
Beretta 96 .40SW
Beretta 9000s .40SW
HK P2000SK
SIG P229
*** space soon to be filled by HK MP5 ***
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Long range?

How long range are we saying here?

Price range?

Magnification?  

Objective lens diameter preference?

For best bang for your buck check out the Leupold Rifleman series of scopes available at Wal-Mart and other fine retailers.  Online too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I will use it mainly for just target shooting, although if a burglar comes in my house he will be shit out of luck.  Maybe about 100 yards or so.  Probably Not more than 150 though.  I want to see the target very large in my scope at about 100 yards.   I would prefer to have a low profile scope if possible as I would like to still fit it in my rilfe case.  I definitely want the scope although the red laser would be very cool too.  I'm just not sure where to start since I don't know the magnification types or objective lens diamter sizes.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top