Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2012 2:17:44 PM EDT
I just got done building my DPMS 7.62 rifle and I am looking for a scope for it. I am looking for some advise. Most of my rifles scopes are 40mm objectives. What I would like to know if a person mounts a 50mm or a 56 mm objective on a scope on the DPMS are you still able to see your bullet strike the target through the scope or will the recoil throw you off. The gun that I built is heavy so I am sure that this will help on the recoil. I am looking to mount a variable scope on the rifle but not quite sure on the power yet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:45:58 PM EDT
A 50 mm will be just fine in a mount such as a LT104. 56 would require super high rings.

As long as you practice good shooting habits like holds and breathing, you shouldn't have a problem.

Personally I like 12-14 power scopes, and have done well with them up to 1000 yards.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:37:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2012 8:38:59 AM EDT by mcbjus]
I just purchased a Trijicon Accupoing TR 22-2G. It's a 2.5-10/56 with MilDot. I used a buddies with standard crosshairs and decided that I wanted it with the Mildot reticle. I am expecting it to arrive 1-12-12. His was great out to 400m with shoot and see targets you could see impact pretty good. I think you would be happy with that type optic. I am also using a Burris PEAPR mount with quick detach mount instead of solid mount.
Top Top