Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2002 12:28:56 PM EDT
I have an A3 Upper that I would like to put a 3-9 x 40 scope.  It's a 20' HB which I plan to use for shootin critters.

Questions:

1) Should I bother with a mount or should I put the rings directly on the upper receiver?

2) Can anyone recomend some good rings?  I probably need high ones so that the front of the scope doesn't hit the handguard.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS #22 High rings are (IMHO) the best rings you can get for an AR. Kinda pricey at around $90 a set, but they WILL remove and replace without losing zero, and when mounted directly on an A3 receiver, they position the scope at the same height as standard iron sights, so no cheekpiece is needed. If you put a scope which has a 1-inch tube in 'em, you'll also need the 1-inch inserts, which will run $30 or so. BUT, that $120 to mount the scope is money VERY well spent, trust me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Wizard, do you have the 1 inch inserts in yours?  Just curious as to how well they work.  Don't want the scope to shake loose.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Troy,
U Da Man!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got in from work.....
To answer your question about the ARMS 1-inch inserts; they are a VERY close fit to both rings, and scope. After checking out Troy's link, though, I have to say that the Armalite mount looks really impressive. I do like the throw-levers on the ARMS rings enough that I'd spend the extra cash again, but that Armalite mount is nice. I'd say that if you have no need or desire for throw levers, go with them (Armalite).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top