Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2011 11:47:28 AM EDT
I am building my first AR and looking at mounts for a scope. I have it narrowed down to two scopes, each with about 3.6" eye relief. Given an a4 upper, a standard a2 butt stock, how far forward of an offset should I be looking at? I am looking at an American Defense mount, and they come with either no offset, or a 2" offset. I presume I will need to get a 2" offset for optimal scope position with the larger eye relief?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
get a cantilever type. You can always move it back on the flattop. The other way around your shit out of luck!

In the world of the AR15 you will never see as many scope mounted variances. Height, and position forward and back.

All my scopes eye pieces are 3/4" to 2"+ ahead of the charging handle with an A2 stock depending on the scopes eye relief.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I like to have my scope mounted so that my eye is in the same place whether using the scope or the BUIS.  For different rifles (20" HBAR clone vs. 16" carbine) with different scopes I've found I can't use the same mounts on each rifle.  So each of my rifles has ended up with a different mount.

I've had to experiment with mounts/risers to get the scope position I want.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top