Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/30/2005 11:37:42 AM EDT
Thinking about trying one of the Simmons shotgun scopes on my wulf.
CDNN has models ranging from 3" eye relief to 5.5"
Any opinions or first hand experience on how much eye relief ya really need with the wulf?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 6:31:31 AM EDT by blueheeler66]
Nose to c/h.....will get you punched in the nose don't ask me how I know.
I'm also using the GG&G scout rail with a Trijicon Reflex II on it for the time being with it being mounted way forward. I agree with the below comment on the red dot type scope because it's a short range weapon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:13:53 PM EDT
GO FOR ALL YOU CAN GET 3.5'' IS NOT GOING TO DO IT THREE SHOTS THREE CUTS BETWEEN THE EYE'S.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:22:23 PM EDT
I have a 2.5x Simmons shotgun scope on my beowulf. I recently changed the stock and scope mount. Originally I had a Armalite one piece mount which required an a2 stock with a Choate extension to get the proper eye relief. I now have a GG&G scout rail which puts the scope out over the handguard several inches. I also installed an A1 stock, which will get a recoil pad or get replaced with an A2. I discovered the A1 stock is a little too short. The charging handle will pound your nose if you don't have enough LOP.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:51:14 AM EDT
I use a Bushnell 3200 10x with 3.5" eye relief with no problem.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:28:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 7:03:57 AM EDT by watson]
I briefly, and emphasis on briefly, had a scope on my Beo with 3 inches of relief. I'd only fired it target shooting and I was paying particular attention to maintain a solid grip/stock-weld on the rifle. Once or twice it just kissed my brow, but that was close enough to abandon the scope.

I plan on using the Beo this year for spot and stalk on deer and my concern was that in a quick snap-shot I may not be paying that close attention or have an ideal stock-weld and end up making the deer and I both bleed.

I have since mounted a Holosight and have had no worries. The Holo's or EOTechs are a little pricey for some, but well worth the money IMO. I personally would advocate a reflex or a red-dot for the Wulf. IMO they are ideal for it's range and magnified power is not really necessary.

If someone wanted some magnification, I have thought that a very long relief, low to mid-power pistol scope set-up in a scout configuration would be ideal. For someone on the cheap that wanted to keep their brow intact, a simple 1/2 inch riser with a BSA red-dot atop would suffice.

Edit: clarified double-tap
Top Top