Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:48:59 PM EDT
I'm going to replace the receiver end plate on my AR and need a wrench for the castle nut. School me on what's a good wrench. I plan on buying from Brownell's. These are the ones I found but if there are others, please do tell:

$6.00 Rock River Arms
$26.01 DPMS
$29.99 Smith Enterprise
$69.99 Brownells (Are they fooking crazy?)

The DPMS multi tool is out of stock.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you only need the stock wrench the RRA one works most of the time.  Others sell similar ones under their own name ($6-8).

If you want a better one look at the Spikes stock wrench ($20).  It is sturdier, bigger teeth and longer handle.  Brownell's probably doesn't carry it though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the RRA. The wrenches with only one tooth if not handled carefully can round off the castles on the castle nut. The other two are WAY too expensive for a dedicated stock wrench. If you want a wrench that can also be used for barrels and handguards etc., check THIS out from Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I ordered the RRA one. The only reason I went with Brownells is because I get the .mil discount and was ordering some parts with them already.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention Del-Ton has an ARFCOM discount See Here
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top