Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:48:25 PM EDT
I want a carry handle sight for my CMMG midlength 18" upper.

I wonder if anyone know who makes the best carry handle. I was thinking about ordering from CMMG, but I have another carry handle made by Bushmaster on another rifle that I love.

Should I get Bushmaster again or is CMMG better? I'm also looking at the AR-Stoner ones at Midway.

Do all these companies buy these carry handles from the same place? If so, can you tell me where is the cheapest place to buy these?
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just get the one from CMMG.  what ever you do don't get one of those cheap Chinese ones for $40 they look ok at first glance but are crap under closer inspection.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Do  you guys think RRA, Bushmaster, CMMG, etc all buys their carry handles from the same manufacturer?

Or is there a difference in quality between these manufacturers?

I know to stay away from the cheap ones.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of those will be fine. There wont be any diff. from CMMG's to Bushy's, go with whatever is cheaper

Quoted:
Do  you guys think RRA, Bushmaster, CMMG, etc all buys their carry handles from the same manufacturer?

Or is there a difference in quality between these manufacturers?

I know to stay away from the cheap ones.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I figured that they were all made at the same factory.

Just like so many of the other main parts on all the AR-15s being sold today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I figured that they were all made at the same factory.

Just like so many of the other main parts on all the AR-15s being sold today.

There are several "forges" that manufacture the materials for the AR mfr's/retailers.

there will be a handful of AR makers that go to Forge #1 to get materials, and another handful of
AR makers that always go to forge #2, etc. Cerro Forge is one of the more prominent Forges.

There should be a forge stamp in the metal somewhere...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you know what forge RRA, Bushmaster, and CMMG use?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you know what forge RRA, Bushmaster, and CMMG use?

CMMG's have been known to use Cerro, and I think LARGrizzley (Bushmaster)
use them as well. Just look for the forge marks. Cerro's is a "Keyhole."
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top