Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:04:14 PM EDT
Looking at getting a mini-red dot but I don't know much about them.
All I know are there are a ton of them. They all look the same and I imagine do about the same thing.

Burris Fastfire II- $210
J-Point- $270
Pride Fowler- $390
Doctor- $425
TNVC RDPII- $140
Trijicon- $360

Seems I can get any of these mounted on a picatinny rail, and LRT has a riser mount for any of them. What's the difference between the $140 TNVC and the $425 Doctor?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Docter Optics MRD.

Great little optic, sold it to my friend to put on his Leupold scope...

Its made of aircraft grade alluminum and stainless steel, with glass lenses, rather than the Jpoint (or its copies) that are plastic and acrylic lenses.

The docter sight also has the similar lens setup as aimpoint, with 2 lenses sammiched together. 1 diffraction lense, 1 reflection lense, and all the coatings are in between to protect them.

The docter sight also NEVER turns off. In its "sleep" mode (with dot as dark as it can go) you can still see it in night time, or indoor lighting. It also doesn't flash like some of them do. With the cover on, it will last for 5 years or so (the battery). The Docter sight will withstand up to 1000 G's of acceleration (just an FYI, the G3 rifle's bolt only accelerates with 700 G's), so you can put it directly on the slide of a handgun.

Think of it like an Aimpoint (the docter) versus a decent Tasco scope. You get what you pay for with quality of the glass, and materials.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top