Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 12:02:33 PM EDT
I do not know if this kind of thing goes here, but I was unable to find another area that would work.

Anyways, I am looking at a 700p LTR TWS and I found one for $1700 brand new from an online site that links buyers and sellers. The cheapest I can find it anywhere else is in the $2700 + range.  The description is very well put together and appears to be from someone who is fluent in English.  The seller only has one feedback which was positive and he was the seller in that transaction as well.  

If I do proceed, do y'all have any suggestions as how to better protect myself rather than sending $1700 in certified funds?

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, unknown seller offering a product at $1k less than anywhere else? Yeah, that's smelling like anchovy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If a deal is too good to be true it usually isn't
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the point anyway. It seems to be a silly sort if rifle anyway from what google showed me. I couldn't find a bolt catch, selector switch, or a charging handle anywhere, unless that bent chunk of metal on the side its it, but I thought that might be an odd sort of forward assist.

Come to think of it, I think I saw one of those on the precision rifles forum in the armory section once.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
have him list it on gunbroker, you buy it

done.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's the point anyway. It seems to be a silly sort if rifle anyway from what google showed me. I couldn't find a bolt catch, selector switch, or a charging handle anywhere, unless that bent chunk of metal on the side its it, but I thought that might be an odd sort of forward assist.

Come to think of it, I think I saw one of those on the precision rifles forum in the armory section once.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
have him list it on gunbroker, you buy it

done.

I will see if he wants to do that, but the only protection I get from gunbroker is $400 correct?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top