Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:23:35 PM EDT
Is the Scalarworks mount for the Aimpoint Pro worth the extra $100 or so one has to pay? The mount is a couple ounces lighter and somewhat slimmer. I would be interested to hear if anyone who is running one feels the balance is any better and if they feel it is less obstructive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:32:29 PM EDT
I don’t have experience with the one for the Aimpoint Pro, but I do have one for both the MRO and the RMR.

Scalarworks mounts are super light weight, clean lines, and well machined. Their QD system is well engineeered as well and totally tool-less.

I would buy another of their mounts if I had the need
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:42:22 PM EDT
Waiting on my tax refund to buy one...
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:22:44 PM EDT
It’s not as quick to install/remove as other QD mounts. You don’t have a huge lever/knob sticking off the side though, so I think the Scalar mount is much better in that regard.

The bolt is basically held in place by spring tension, so I have mine marked. So far it hasn’t moved.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:53:29 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rightwing87:
It’s not as quick to install/remove as other QD mounts. You don’t have a huge lever/knob sticking off the side though, so I think the Scalar mount is much better in that regard.

The bolt is basically held in place by spring tension, so I have mine marked. So far it hasn’t moved.
View Quote
It’s not just spring tension, it’s a spring loaded detent. The depressions on the bolt are pretty deep, I don’t see how it’s going to move inadvertently
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 6:33:30 PM EDT
I have had mine since the week they came out. Yes they are lighter, lo-pro, and quick to take on and off as well as super reliable. One of the reasons I like them the best is because it is such a streamlined mount, there is no protruding lever sticking out of one side of the mount like all the other high-dollar mounts. You won't be sorry, it was well worth the extra cost in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:33:01 PM EDT
Great mount.

But if you have a larue or something, I don't see the need to change unless you want to.
Top Top