Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:23:22 AM EST
I put together my first sbr and it's having trouble ejecting/feeding ammo. I've done about all the troubleshooting I know (new magazines, h buffer, upgraded extractor) and I was wondering if there is a good company who can troubleshoot and get my gun running reliably. I saw specialized armament has reliability packages but I think they only work on colts.

Fwiw I'm running a cmmg upper with bcm 11.5 barrel and dd bcg on a rr lower.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:36:43 AM EST
Need more info on how exactly it is malfunctioning.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:59:41 AM EST
I'm having multiple failure to extract malfunctions which leads to double feeds. My bolt will lock to the rear on an empty magazine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:44:53 AM EST
Fired casing stays in the chamber? I know you mentioned that you tried an H buffer, but have you tried heavier? H2, H3, 9mm buffers?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:54:52 AM EST
Yes, the fired case stays in the chamber and no i haven't tried any other buffers. Thus the reason for my question. Im not interested in buying another hundred bucks worth of buffers in the chance they may work. I would like to find a company or person who can trouble shoot for me so i dont buy a bunch of parts that may or may not work for me. I want to carry this rifle on duty so i need to make sure its reliable and i think ive dont about all i know to do.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:02:05 PM EST
sounds like your extractor doesnt have enough grip. What type of extractor upgrades did you do?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:09:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By marshjr:
Yes, the fired case stays in the chamber and no i haven't tried any other buffers. Thus the reason for my question. Im not interested in buying another hundred bucks worth of buffers in the chance they may work. I would like to find a company or person who can trouble shoot for me so i dont buy a bunch of parts that may or may not work for me. I want to carry this rifle on duty so i need to make sure its reliable and i think ive dont about all i know to do.

Then post in your hometown forum to see if anybody has various buffers that can help you out.

The basic problem sounds like excessive gas. The bolt is unlocking too early and your extractor is unable to pull the case out of the chamber while there is still a relatively large amount of pressure in the system. A heavier buffer will hold the bolt closed longer so that the pressure can drop to allow extraction.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:10:01 PM EST
I put on the BCM upgraded extractor spring. I didn't use the provided O ring, maybe that is something else to try. Although to be perfectly honest i dont know where it goes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:18:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By marshjr:
I put on the BCM upgraded extractor spring. I didn't use the provided O ring, maybe that is something else to try. Although to be perfectly honest i dont know where it goes.

This may be your problem. That O ring slips over your extractor spring. The inside of your O ring should be the same diameter as the extractor spring.
But like the previous post have said you may need a heavier buffer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:38:15 PM EST
Install the o-ring & report back after the next range trip.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:17:35 PM EST
The o-ring will likely increase your reliability greatly. If you have a heavier buffer slip that into the mix as well. A receiver extension spring upgrade is always a plus, such as the Superior Shooting Systems flatwire spring. At this point you want to try to slow your action down as much as possible to keep it reliable with crappy ammo like wolf.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:25:19 PM EST
Put the factory buffer back in. An H buffer is more resistance, which is probably only magnifying the problem...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:59:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:23:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By badazzar15:
If you want to send it to me I can trouble shoot it for you. Just cover the shipping, and parts if need be.

Hmmmm....wow!

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:44:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Put the factory buffer back in. An H buffer is more resistance, which is probably only magnifying the problem...

Thats an offer too good to turn down. Can you shoot me an email or pm on where it needs to go??
Top Top