Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 8:00:35 AM EDT
I was in the market for an Eotech 511 Holosight at the gunshow this weekend but did not see any.  I did, however, find a Bushnell Holosight which I thought was basically the same thing.  

When looking at the reticle on the Bushnell Holosight 2D reticle, I noticed the outside ring was very fuzzy at every intensity level.  Is this the same on the Eotech?  I have my heart set on one but I did not like the reticle being so fuzzy
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It is not the most crisp image, however, it's not supposed to be real blurry either.  Do you have an astigmatism?  I heard that if you have an astigmatism, the reticle can appear very blurry.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
All of the holosights I've seen have a slightly fuzzy circle. I picked up a Holosight for $168 and mounted it on my AR with a set of the First Samco handguards that a guy I know gave me today.

I originally bought it for my CZ 22 upper, but it looks pretty good on the AR, so I think that I'll keep it on the .223 and buy another bushnell tube red dot for the 22 upper...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only difference is the protective shroud on the basic EOTech branded unit.  

--Otter
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe the electronics are more protected from water/moisture in the mil versions, as well as the protected shroud.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the 511/512 are the same as as the non-mil (Bushnell branded) version (10ft submersible)...taken from a dim memory of a thread on this forum from many moons ago...FWIW.

--Otter
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top