Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2017 7:20:18 PM EDT
Hello, new here, and working on my first build. I was looking for some feedback about Sander Armory barrels or any others that you might recommend for the barrel in the link below. Anybody that has, used, or doesn't use them here? Looking for this exact same barrel as the link posted, regardless of company that it comes from, so please no recommendations for some other specs or types, but different manufacturers in the same price point with good results would be appreciated. I'm pretty dead set on this barrel, just looking for the best place to get it from as I've seen it listed from Sanders, Classic, Bear Creek, Anderson, etc. Trying to stay under $150.00

https://sandersarmoryusa.com/product/16-stainless-steel-416r-spiral-fluted-barrel-carbine-w18-twist-223-and-5-56/

Thanks in advance!
A.T.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it matters too much where you order it from- depends on who you want to give your money to.
These barrels are being pumped out by the thousands and you'll see them all over the internet. 'Pretty sure Bear Creek is making them
but maybe there is another manufacturer who is putting out a similar looking product. They seem to be distinguished by the engraving
which looks like it was done will a small ball end mill.
I've built several uppers with these and never had an issue with fit, finish, or headspace. Accuracy was fine but never really had a chance to 
test them fully because that was not what I built those guns for.
I built one upper with the same barrel you gave a link to but it was an 18" and it shot great (@ 1.5 MOA at first range session)

(my boy on the right-sorry, no pic of target)
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I see these exact barrels sold at gun shows by the guys that always have tables full of low grade AR parts. Pretty sure they're Bear Creek. Not saying there's anything wrong with them, but I don't particularly care for them. The ones I've looked at closely weren't the greatest. Feed ramps were jagged where they meet the upper, chamber finish was rough compared to my personally owned barrels, and the crown sucked and looked like it was cut with a dull tool. They always look like they were made in a hurry. I've seen them on sale before for well under $100. There's also a couple videos on YouTube comparing these against other barrels from Faxon or Ballistic Advantage. The lack of quality is VERY evident in the video.

ETA: I noticed in the link you posted they don't incude any pics of the feed ramps, chamber, or crown. All three things I mentioned above as being sub-par. There may be a reason for that. I'm not trying to discourage you from getting what you want, OP, just trying to offer some personal experience after having these barrels in hand.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Dad has a spiral fluted all black barrel from Sanders. Crown and feed ramps look perfect. Not sure about the chamber but it cycles perfectly.  

He hasn't had it out since he got sights on it for an accuracy report though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a barrel made by bear creek arsenal.  I have a 18" I bought a couple years ago for a cheapo spr build. It's 1/8 twist and loves weights 69gr and under (not the 62gr nato).
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with Bear Creek before I'd try them.

Keep in mind, $150.00 puts you damn close to some of Faxon's barrels.
View Quote
I second this. I was fortunate (very fortunate) how well my bear creek barrel shot. Granted I only have about 600 rounds through it and it is only used for letting buddies shoot now. Many people seem to complain about them online. But if your up in the 150 range, faxon if you have to have stainless is a good way to go. And they have a straight fluted model for not much more than 150.00
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top