Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:17:06 AM EDT
    I read the article in the March 2006 issue of Guns & Ammo about S&W's new AR-15.   I was wondering if anyone on the board has bought one or shot one.

The guns look nice.  I didn't even notice any holes in the receiver for an action lock, like they put on their revolvers.  Was that why they are using 7-pound triggers on their new AR's?

Anyway, the trigger pull weight is what I was wondering most about.  Here you have two guns with MSRP's of ~ $1200 and $1700, and they use 7-pound triggers??????????  Hell, just about any other reputable brand name AR can be had for less than that - and with 3- to 5-pound pull weights.  $1700 is getting up into the range of Wilson, Les Baer, and other premium manufacturers/builders.

I guess I have a hard time understanding the thinking at S&W since they "took on" the new owner.  Is he so proud of his lock business that he either has to deface a beautiful revolver by placing the locking mechanism on the side of the frame (look at their website-all the revolvers are shown right-side to the camera, suggesting that even folks at S&W are embarrassed by the location of that damned locking mechanism), or else, if he can't install an action lock, then by installing a Ruger-like heavy trigger on his companies rifles?

Just curious.  I love S&W handguns (or used to) and I figured that anything they produce will be a quality product, but for that kind of money, I want quality and appearance, too.

S4F

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That is my point !!!!  I can't think of one other manufacturer that doesn't put together a gun with a 2-stage or competition trigger that can't be had for around $1200.  For $1700, I want a good trigger right from the manufacturer!!

Oh well!!

S4F

Send lawyers, guns, and money....The shit has hit the fan!!!  W. Zevon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top