Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2010 8:20:03 PM EDT
Hi,

I recently bought a S&W M&P15TS.  I ordered it back in early April from OMB for $1125 - $100 MIR.  It arrived at my FFL about 10 days ago.  I own and/or have owned several other M&P15's, including the regular M&P15, M&P15A, M&P15OR, and M&P15T.  

The TS is awesome!  Much lighter than the regular T (sorry I dont have an accuate scale to post numbers).  The Troy TRX Extreme is a very small diameter rail system - which makes getting a good grip on the rail very easy compared to the Troy MRF-MX rail on the T.  The barrel is 1/7, 14.5" long with a pinned FH.  Came with Magpul MOE grip, BUIS, and CTR stock.  Staking is excellent.  

I have not shot it yet - so I cannot comment on that.  But as far as looks - this is the best rifle in the current S&W lineup.  And at $1025 after MIR is an excellent value when you consider the quality of the components.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh forgot to ask:  the rifle came with a Magpul CTR stock.  I thought they had QD fitting holes for QD slings but they do not.  I tried attaching my GG&G Sling Thing and it does not really fit as the attachment point on the CTR is much thicker than a CAR stock.  What do you suggest as a way to attach my rear QD sling fitting?  

PS:  for up front I'm waiting for the Troy QD fitting socket that threads into a rail hole.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle.

The stock you show is a Magpul MOE not a CTR, the CTR has a friction lock and QD sockets other wise they are pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a great rifle at an excellent price, congrats.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh OK thanks for straightening me out on the stock.  I've only had CAR stocks before and this is a slight improvement (less wobble/rattle).
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to an AAR!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Any more info on this setup yet???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top