Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 5:58:44 PM EDT
Did I read somewhere here that S&B .223 ammo is not true copper coated and is hard on a non-chrome lined barrel?  A friend of my bought some and I told him that I read somewhere that it is harder than copper and not recomended for steel barrels.  I can't seem to find this info anywhere.
Some help ,please!  Thanks.....thedr  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit S&B's website, the 'M193' has a copper plated steel jacket they call Tombak.  The plating is very thick. and I have found no evidence of the copper plating failing and allowoing the steel base to cntact the bore.   Steel is more easily formed than copper, and makes for a remarkably consistent bullet.  We have had excellent results with S&B 223 ammo.  Ops
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have noted suprisingly good accuracy from S&B ammo.  The bullet is not nearly as likely to fragment upon striking a target, and I have noticed better retained weight after penetrating barriers.

I have not done a Auto windshield test, but I bet that S&B Emwonniteyfree would perform better than true M193 spec ammo.

Troy - Sparks are cool after dusk!  Be careful out there kids!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the same stuff that Sportsman guide had a while back?
It was in 400 round green battle packs.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top