Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:45:20 PM EDT
I got a buddy who wants to mount his 3x on a samson.  
He's got his ML3 in teh larue high moutn so they're off a bit.
Recognizing that the scope will be zeroed no matter what he does to teh 3x and that no matter what he does there will not be an absolte perfect circle in circle due to the hieght difference...

BUT is there enough internal adjustment on the 3x to at least center the aimpoint reticle in this setup?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn I played with that awhile back. Then just went all LaRue. No sense in screwing around with other mounts.

IIRC yes there is enough play to center the dot.

Agree.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It will center just fine.
The 3X quick flip is awesome.  There is no way I would ever give that up to go to a Larue.  Just my opinion.

IT's for f reind not me.  I'm a aimpoint devotee.  QRP on teh optic, twist mount ont eh magnifier.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It will center just fine.
The 3X quick flip is awesome.  There is no way I would ever give that up to go to a Larue.  Just my opinion.

IT's for f reind not me.  I'm a aimpoint devotee.  QRP on teh optic, twist mount ont eh magnifier.  

Twist mount? Damn! You are devoted!

I am with Teknic on this one for sure. It is no big secret that I think the Quick Flip is the next best thing to a lap dance!

TalonArms.com

yeah I'll give you that.  rarer than hens teeth on the 3x!  BUT with a range junky like me I like it either on or off.  I have pouches on the bug out vest for lights, grips and the 3x, cause I lik eto keep my rifles KISS unless otherwise needed.  I would be the one guy who breaks his 3x if I had a flip mount....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top