Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/1/2006 1:25:13 PM EDT
Does anyone else make a Same Plane Aperture Rear Sight other than the XS Sight Company?

The "Big Aperture" on the XS Sight is .230 inches in diameter. I want a same plane aperture where the "big" aperture is about .190 and the small one .090.

I hear that "Sully" of the Defensive Edge was going to market one, however there is nothing on his website and I have not been able to contact him via the telephone or at his Email.

Accuracy Speaks markets one - where the aperture hole can be drilled out to the diameter you prefer. It is marketed for competition shooters, but looks like it would suit my pruposes. However, I have not been able to contact them either via Email. I want to make sure that thier rear aperture is offset to account for the 1/4 turn when you flip the aperture on the windage screw.

Thanks Chris
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:17 PM EDT
ARMS makes one and I just purchased one 40L S-P I believe - Range report coming!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:04:25 PM EDT
A lot of people offer same plane aperture sights. If you are looking for just the aperture, I am sure someone makes it; but not sure who. You might try callling ARMS or Troy since both of them sell same-plane aperture sights and may be able to point you toward just the aperture.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:51:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 7:51:22 PM EDT by candersen]
I am looking for just the aperture, not a new rear sight system. From what I understand both ARMS' and Troy offer a same plane aperture on there folding rear back up sights.

Yes.. this would be the type of apertures that I want - but only the aperture. Even if they would sell just the aperture I dont think they would mount into a standard A2 sight assembly.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:03:53 PM EDT
I took my ashley off!

just to big for me and my 41 year old eyes

maybe we will see a better one come out?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:06:22 PM EDT
The ARMS #40A uses a standard A2 aperture in its sight assembly, so a same plane aperture from the #40A should work in a regular A2 sight.
Top Top