Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2006 1:25:13 PM EDT
Does anyone else make a Same Plane Aperture Rear Sight other than the XS Sight Company?

The "Big Aperture" on the XS Sight is .230 inches in diameter.  I want a same plane aperture where the "big" aperture is about .190 and the small one .090.

I hear that "Sully" of the Defensive Edge was going to market one, however there is nothing on his website and I have not been able to contact him via the telephone or at his Email.

Accuracy Speaks markets one - where the aperture hole can be drilled out  to the diameter you prefer.  It is marketed for competition shooters, but looks like it would suit my pruposes.  However, I have not been able to contact them either via Email.  I want to make sure that thier  rear aperture is offset to account for the 1/4 turn when you flip the aperture on the windage screw.

Thanks Chris
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS makes one and I just purchased one 40L S-P I believe - Range report coming!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people offer same plane aperture sights. If you are looking for just the aperture, I am sure someone makes it; but not sure who. You might try callling ARMS or Troy since both of them sell same-plane aperture sights and may be able to point you toward just the aperture.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am looking for just the aperture, not a new rear sight system.  From what I understand both ARMS' and Troy offer a same plane aperture on there folding rear back up sights.  

Yes.. this would be the type of apertures that I want - but only the aperture.  Even if they would sell just the aperture I dont think they would mount into a standard  A2 sight assembly.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my ashley off!

just to big for me and my 41 year old eyes

maybe we will see a better one come out?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The ARMS #40A uses a standard A2 aperture in its sight assembly, so a same plane aperture from the #40A should work in a regular A2 sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top