Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 1:41:03 PM EDT
Alright guys built a M4Gery awhile back during the AWB actually about 3-4 years ago...I had no prolem putting it together, went together fine...hawever i do have one problem that bugs me...the safety...it has no real "feel" to it as it the detent is not engaging...i mean when I place it on fire it has very litle force holding into that position...back in the USMC I remember the selector safety had definate detent positions with a firm click into place...any ideas? Also while skirting the collapsable stock thing I had an aluminum collapsable stock made fixed at a local machine shop.they placed 2 small beads of alum by means of a tig welder onto the stock to make it NON Collapsable...I am thinking that I can now "dremel" tool the beads off, clean them up and refinsh the stock...is that correct? Also looking to replace the KKF Brake with a Vortex or other FS...I'm thinking I can now do this legally as long as its perm. attached...right again?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Beach:
...the safety...it has no real "feel" to it as it the detent is not engaging...i mean when I place it on fire it has very litle force holding into that position...back in the USMC I remember the selector safety had definate detent positions with a firm click into place...any ideas?

Check to make sure that the selector's spring and detent are installed correctly. You will need to remove the pistol grip to access them.

...they placed 2 small beads of alum by means of a tig welder onto the stock to make it NON Collapsable...I am thinking that I can now "dremel" tool the beads off, clean them up and refinsh the stock...is that correct?

Yes, you can legally do this now.

Also looking to replace the KKF Brake with a Vortex or other FS...I'm thinking I can now do this legally as long as its perm. attached...right again?

You can replace the muzzlebrake with a flash suppressor now as well. It only needs to be permanently attached if the barrel length without it is less than 16". If it is a 16"+ barrel, you can make it removeable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:20:01 PM EDT
I guess M4 Madness pretty much covers all your questions .....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:11:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eye_spy:
I guess M4 Madness pretty much covers all your questions .....

+1

­and with #1 some of the kits out there have less than par grade detents and it might need a new one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:22:45 AM EDT
So if I have a 16" barrell I can thread it myself at 1/2 x 28 pitch and install the FS myself ...if under 16" it must be perm attached adn meet the 16" barrell length requirement? Will inspect the detent tonoght...thats what I suspected was wrong...thanks...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:44:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Beach:
So if I have a 16" barrel I can thread it myself at 1/2 x 28 pitch and install the FS myself. If under 16" it must be permanently attached to meet the 16" barrel length requirement?

Correct.
Top Top