Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/29/2002 6:20:37 PM EDT
So I bought another toy. Its a WELL used Colt, not pretty but will work for a trunk gun. Anyway it was only $500 from one of my employees who was hard up for cash, got it home and started to mess with it and found the the Safety/Fire selector just spins. I am guessing that the detent pin and spring is missing. Haven't had time to tear it down and confirm it. Anyone else have any suggestions on what it might be? If so anyone have a set they want to get rid of?

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:02:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NightSniper: So I bought another toy. Its a WELL used Colt, not pretty but will work for a trunk gun. Anyway it was only $500 from one of my employees who was hard up for cash, got it home and started to mess with it and found the the Safety/Fire selector just spins. I am guessing that the detent pin and spring is missing. Haven't had time to tear it down and confirm it. Anyone else have any suggestions on what it might be? If so anyone have a set they want to get rid of?
View Quote
That's the only thing it could be. Now there should be two little bumps that stop the selector from going all the way around,I bet if the bumps are smoothed over the selector spun around and spit out the pin and spring.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:29:04 PM EDT
Sounds like someone was changing a pistol grip and not paying attention.....the pin or spring is probably missing. Pick up some spares they come in handy. -John
Top Top