Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 5:24:18 PM EDT
I was wondering if I need this part to fire my rifle.  The story is that I ordered a kit from J&T and you have like 30 days to return it.  They left out a couple of springs and the safety lever.  So I called and told them but forgot to mention the safety.  I got the springs and realized my mistake so feeling like an idiot I order the safety from another company because it is actually my fault I didn't get one.  The problem is that I haven't recieved it yet and my 30 days to test this rifle will be running out soon.  After reading about the one guy that's upper was defective I want to make sure mine is fully fucntional before I end up stuck with it.

So what I'm asking is will it be ok to leave this part out to test the rifle while I wait for it to arrive?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
a bump for this bad boy
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
J&T's rep here on the boards is for dedication to customer satisfaction.  

Under no circumstances should anyone load live ammo into a firearm who's safety is compromised!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#3]
There was an upper that was chambered for 7.63X39 sent by J&T to someone who wanted a .223 Rem.  I would contact J&T ASAP.  They're good people and will be reasonable.

Go over to the Industry Forums and go down to J&T Distributing.  Looks like you're not the only one missing those same parts.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The function of the selector is to prevent the trigger from moving to allow the hammer to fall.

Although I don't recommend it, if you remove the selector, the weapon will operate as if the selector was moved to the fire position.

Use at your own risk and practice proper muzzle discipline and trigger control.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The function of the selector is to prevent the trigger from moving to allow the hammer to fall.

Although I don't recommend it, if you remove the selector, the weapon will operate as if the selector was moved to the fire position.

Use at your own risk and practice proper muzzle discipline and trigger control.

View Quote

I agree and if you still want to test it, make sure you only load one round at a time (kind of single shot), as to prevent any tragedies.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.  I guess I didn't explain it clearly at first but I was missing a couple springs and the selector so I called but forgot to tell them about the selector missing so they sent the springs free of charge.  Since it was my fault I just decided to order the selector elsewhere.

Anyway I think I will wait until I get my part to test fire it.  After reading the thread about the guy's rifle that wouldn't eject and so forth I was just scared my 30 days would be up and I might be stuck with a flawed part or something.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
THIS IS WISE ADVISE PLEASE FOLLOW IT.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OTHERS AROUND YOU.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top