Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2004 2:05:26 AM EST
i'd like to 'lock up' the trigger/action to prevent unauthorized use of my AR..what's a good way to do it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:15:04 AM EST
There are vinyl coated cable locks available that loop through the magazine well and the ejection port, thoroughly preventing a magazine from being loaded into the gun and also preventing the bolt from being able to close on the chamber. Bushmaster, among others, sells these.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/slc3000.asp
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:23:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 7:24:05 AM EST by Bob3940]
Bushmaster also sells the lifejacket. I have hade one of these for over a year now and really like it.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/lj-1.asp

Bob
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:31:43 PM EST
thanks for the info...Life Jacket arrives tomorrow !
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:01:13 AM EST
Bushmaster used to also make a gun lock fo the AR that looked like a magazine. Once installed and locked it prevented you from retracting the bolt and inserting a mag..(obviously)

However I could not find it on thier website so I emailed them about it.

They said they no longer carry it nor do they know anyone else who does...

So does anyone else on this board know where I can get one?? I was really a great locking device.

Maybe if Bushmaster gets enough requests...they'll carry the lock again....??
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:31:28 PM EST
Here's an option you can try in place of the bushmaster magazine lock: www.impactguns.com/store/kmc_99426x.html

It doesn't look like a magazine, but would certainly provide the same type of protection. Perhaps more so with the padlock as opposed to the key.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:10:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By IL_Shooter:
i'd like to 'lock up' the trigger/action to prevent unauthorized use of my AR..what's a good way to do it?

I use a product called Law-Lok. Here is the link:

http://www.firearms-safety.com/lawlok-saftblok.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:30:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By madone:
Bushmaster used to also make a gun lock fo the AR that looked like a magazine. Once installed and locked it prevented you from retracting the bolt and inserting a mag..(obviously)

However I could not find it on thier website so I emailed them about it.

They said they no longer carry it nor do they know anyone else who does...

So does anyone else on this board know where I can get one?? I was really a great locking device.

Maybe if Bushmaster gets enough requests...they'll carry the lock again....??

The one on this page looks similar: Marstar SECU Lock
Top Top