Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/16/2007 7:59:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2007 8:23:15 AM EST by MARSH1]
After a lot of trial and error with LED rope lights and puck lights that I found inadequate someone suggested these incandescent channel lights from Lowe's. Two on the side and one on top lights up the entire interior. I put them on a motion switch mounted to the center divider. Standing in the front you can not even see them.

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:43:00 AM EST
AWESOME!

I've been trying to find a good lighting solution for my safes. Can you tell us more about those? Are they battery-op? If so, what kind? Do they have to be mounted with hardware, or can they use 3M adhesive? How much do they cost?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:49:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By clasky:
AWESOME!

I've been trying to find a good lighting solution for my safes. Can you tell us more about those? Are they battery-op? If so, what kind? Do they have to be mounted with hardware, or can they use 3M adhesive? How much do they cost?

They are hard wired into the motion switch which is plugged into an extension cord I ran through the dehumidifier hole, it powers both. They come with a screw mount or you could use 3M tape. I used three of the lights at $20 apiece and the switch was another $20. It is more than the LED option but not outrageous. Plus you will smile every time you open the safe and the interior lights pop on.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 10:42:49 PM EST
Tidy...I like! I'm just days from purchasing a safe myself (leaning toward Amsec BF series) and def need lighting ideas. Thanks!
Top Top