Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:01 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these? How do they stack up against Bushmaster etc?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:56:02 AM EDT
I love my two Sabre uppers. Check out Talonarms.com and see what they've got. I personally like them better than the bushies I've shot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:45:41 AM EDT
I'm interested in feedback on Sabre's too. I'm thinking of purchasing one from Talon ... So, anyone else have any feedback on them?

What about experience with Talon? I mean, how fast can I expect the thing to ship once the order is placed? I guess that's a question better asked of Talon ...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:02:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 12:03:27 PM EDT by mark5pt56]
Great product and service. If they have it, within a week, faster if you upgrade s/h If they don't have it, a honest time frame will be given.

No complaints with the mid length!--I'm looking into the 6.5 now, I hope to get it in the middy though.
I say the same as Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:43:58 PM EDT
I have a 16 inch Sabre mid-length. Great service from Talon Arms. Had a broken screw on bolt carrier gas key and Sabre Defence overnighted a new bcg!

I haven't had a chance to shoot it much yet, but when zeroing (is that a word?) my irons, I shot 2 3-shot groups of 1/2 inch and one 3/4 inch group. I realize these are not 5-shot groups, but holy smokes! With irons and Win Q3131A? If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it. Needless to say, I really like the upper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:55:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ChuckT:
I have a 16 inch Sabre mid-length. Great service from Talon Arms. Had a broken screw on bolt carrier gas key

I haven't had a chance to shoot it much yet, .

A,B,C, for a weise purchase. [sorry, had to].
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 7:29:35 PM EDT by fatk1d]
OK, thanks for the feedback guys. I went ahead and purchased it. The only thing I didn't like on the picture that I saw from their web site was the apparent gap between the end of the rails and the front site. I don't know why but it just bothers me a little.

A good friend of mine suggested that the gap might go away if I put a flip-up front site on it and the alternate gas block. The upper that I'm talking about is shown in this picture. Thoughts? Thanks.

ETA: Guess I got the last one!?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:58:10 PM EDT
the gap between the rail system and the front sight is a good thing, it's a free floating it can't touch the barrel or front sight. You can put a bipod or a sling on the rails and not effect the point of impact because any deflection that may be caused by ratching down on the sling or from the bipod won't effect the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:12:49 PM EDT
I wondered the same thing when I purchased mine. The gap comes from the missing (and not needed) handguard cap for standard handguards. With the free float, it's not needed and the way it is will actually help with cooling.

Check out some the the MSTN SPRs for more views of rifles with exposed gas tubes...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:51:25 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies
Top Top