Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2007 8:35:12 PM EDT
Are the Sabre stainless barrels Match Grade, or are they just made of stainless steel?
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are the Sabre stainless barrels Match Grade, or are they just made of stainless steel?

Ive read 3 magizines Issues about sabre  and massads  AYOOB AR15

the Groups fired by the author`s wasnt impressive at all

Hell LMT Machinegun barrels M4 14.5 can  shoot JUST AS GOOD as SOME MATCH GRADE Barrels
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive read 3 magizines Issues about sabre  and massads  AYOOB AR15

the Groups fired by the author`s wasnt impressive at all

Hell LMT Machinegun barrels M4 14.5 can  shoot JUST AS GOOD as SOME MATCH GRADE Barrels

But is that the fault of the Sabre barrel, or that of the author?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth....link
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For what it's worth....link

He doesn't say what type of Sabre barrel that is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a competiotion deluxe 18 inch stainless. The rifle is very accurate.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a 16" fluted, but no forearm yet so I can't say from experience.  The chamber is 5.56 however, so it probably won't be as accurate as one of the Recon or SPR barrels widely available with the Wylde chamber.

Of course I'm sure it will be more accurate than I am capable of shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
But, onslaught, was it advertised as "match grade"?

The Sabre website is not up to speed yet...the catalog is just pdf.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But, onslaught, was it advertised as "match grade"?

The Sabre website is not up to speed yet...the catalog is just pdf.

The barrel I have looks identical to the "Mas Ayoob" bbl shown in the PDF catalog and is not advertised as "match grade" anywhere.

I'm happy with it, don't get me wrong, I just don't believe it's going to be "match grade" compared to an ADCO, GTS or JTAC recon barrel.  

Even then, it may be 1/4 - 1/2 moa difference at best, so no big deal in reality.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one of their barrels that was sold as a "match" barrel but it couldn't hold 2MOA with any sort of ammo (Federal GM to M193). The vendor ended up taking it back and giving me a refund. I've avoided Sabre ever since (well that and a very interesting email I received from one of our British members regarding Sabre and their "quality")

Too many other great, proven barrels out there...Douglas, PacNor, Krieger, etc. to name a few and Colt barrels which are very accurate in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Beware of those "Bull Barrel", "Varmint" or "Target" barrel gimmicks.  If you ordered 10000 barrels and the company suppling the barrels could do half as much machining when supplying a bull barrel vs a m4 contour do you think you would get a better price on the barrels?
Yep, and everyone buys them because they should be more accurate when they're really just another production barrel that weighs twice as much.

I too have had a few Colts that are more accurate than other production barrels.

I always call the company and ask what brand of barrel blanks they use. If they wont tell me I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Their chrome lined CMV barrels that I have shot have were great, I don't expect their stainless barrels would perform worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top