Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 10:32:33 AM EDT
Hey all,
Well the "tactical" carbine thread got me wondering.  Anyone out there with first hand knowledge/experience with Sabre defence rifles?  I was 100% sold on a Colt LE6920, but I've heard that Sabre is supposed to be top-of-the-line as well.  Any thoughts?

rich
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I found a  few testimonials

and

This one

and

also this one

There is a Team Member Dealer here on the boards that has gotten behind their products, and many swear by them......Sabre Defence web page and the dealers site----->Talon Arms

Looks good to me and I would definitely consider them.........and will likely do so
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Red,
I've seen Talon's ads for 'em.  I was just wondering if anyone has taken one to a class or just put one through the ringer in general?

Thanks man
Rich
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Trumpet,

did you read ------------->This thread?
(If that link doesnt work, use the archive search in the AR15 forum for "Today I held the most amazing AR15 ever"

I may have been the general "coming out" of Sabre on AR15.com

although they have built M60 and SAW barrels for many years
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Someone who knows a lot more about ARs than me (well for whatever that's worth) says Sabre is high quality.

You were at the zoo and overheard two drunken monkeys talking about AR15s?

I've head good things as well, but not actually laid hands on any.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.  Thanks for the linkies.  I'm wondering if anyone has done a "torture test" by now?  It looks like the Sabre might be a viable alternative to a 6920.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, my 16" Middy barrel is "in the mail" so I can't comment......yet.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cool.  Thanks for the linkies.  I'm wondering if anyone has done a "torture test" by now?  It looks like the Sabre might be a viable alternative to a 6920.

Rich

The only thing that I know that passes for a torture test  is a range gun that hasnt been cleaned. The shop owner keeps a round count and last I checked, couple of months back, it was at 9k rounds without a jam

I'm still very impressed with Sabre
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Sabre makes great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I got the 14.5" upper from Talon Arms and I must say that the fit and finish of the Sabre upper is awesome. This is the upper with extended flash hider. Very nice in my opinion. I have not shot it yet but I am sure it will out shoot me. High quality. By the way, the Aimpoint is no longer up there on the carry handle. Give Talon Arms a call and they will hook you up. Tell them spooky11 (Steve) sent you and I guarantee they will treat you right.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Rob, I wanted the plain jane look for this AR. Not that I won't eventually spend my money at your place anyway
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
So do you think that a Sabre M4gery would be the "perfect" answer to people who's criticisms about the 6920 are the non milspec trigger pins?

Also, is Sabre making a M4gery with a 1:7" chrome lined bbl?

Rich
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
If non mil spec trigger pins are the only complaint, I guess there is no valid complaint.
I bought a mid length nine twist 'govt' profile barrel from Sabre. The diameter under was straight cut. Too much gas in the action. Markings were illegible. Accuracy was poor.
This is but one barrel. Too bad it was mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If non mil spec trigger pins are the only complaint, I guess there is no valid complaint.
I bought a mid length nine twist 'govt' profile barrel from Sabre. The diameter under was straight cut. Too much gas in the action. Markings were illegible. Accuracy was poor.
This is but one barrel. Too bad it was mine.

That sucks. Did they make it right?

Mine (middy from Talon Arms) has been great.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top