Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 4:57:02 AM EDT
I have finally narrowed down my choices to either a Sabre mid length upper with a chrome bore or one of Denny's Recon barrels assembled to an upper.  I want something light and accurate. From what I am reading, the recon barrel is not much heavier than a Sabre barrel.  What do you guys think the best choice is?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I want something that is light and handy.  I have a Colt 16 inch heavy barrel upper now that I like, but I want to add a free float tube and I think it will be a bit heavy if I do.  I want something that will shoot an inch or so at 100 yards with ammo it likes and of course it has to be sexy looking.  I like the look of the mid length upper and from the reading I have done here it seems to be a smooth shooting set up.  I will probably use an Aimpoint on it most of the time and might stick a scope on it every so often. To sum it up, I want a rifle that is pleasant to carry and shoot, is accurate, and reliable.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
For light, the Sabre is probably the way to go.  My buddy's is pretty much as accurate with M193 as you can ask out of a non FF chrome lined gov't profile barrel.  His rifle is very, very light.  Bravo Co's BCM barrels might also be a decent option, if they ever get any in stock.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sabre gets good reviews. For the weight it seems to be one of the best options for a midlength. I may just have to switch out my "sack of bricks" RRA barrel for a Sabre. Let me know how you like it. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top