Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:51:45 PM EDT
In the never ending turmoil of selecting an optic for my SPR, I've once again came to you all for advice and input. I know a fixed 10'may not be common place on an AR in 5.56, but it's my latest thought/research topic. To begin, is this a bad idea? It will be in a QD mount so I can still shoot irons (possibly a red dot also). I know this is irrelevant, but I've taken my time and built a nice rifle and want deserving glass (1/2 MOA guarantee for the barrel).

This is my first venture into longer range shooting. I shoot 250 yards frequently, but plan on more 500-600'yard work.

So finally, give me your honest opinion on the HD vs the side focus model. I can get the 'M' model for half the HD model but if the HD truly is leaps and bounds better then I'd like to know. And while I'd love a Nightforce NXS, there's a custom 300 WM in the works that will be more worthy of this caliber optic.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd rather have the 3-15x42 or the fixed 12x.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 16x, 12x, 3-15x and the 5-20x HD and I feel that the 3-15 is the best value.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top