Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 11:56:05 AM EDT
If this has been covered before, please forgive me. I have a Bushy with a chrome lined barrel and Wolf is no problem....people say it may not work reliably in standard chromoly barrels...how about SS barrels.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems that for the vast majority of AR owners including myself, Wolf is quite reliable.  

Some occaisional FTF etc.  

Some rifles just don't like it.

Do a search on the topic, there is always a Wolf debate somewhere on this site!

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have good luck with it in my chrome lined barrels, I just don't know if it would be as reliable in a SS barrel...maybe it makes no difference????
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Any more help? Not questioning Wolf, but the combination of Wolf in Stainless as opposed to chrome lined barrels.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot Wolf in a Stainless Mini14 and had good results. But I don't believe I would care to fire it in my ARs, strictly because of the lacquer. The Mini14 can be forced open more easily than an AR, not that I have had too. But it is in the back of my mind when I do shoot Wolf ammo. The lacquer melting during rapid fire and sticking a case ain't a fun thing to happen.
As far as accuracy out of the stainless Ruger barrel, it wasn't anything to write home about or nothing to complain about either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top