Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2003 10:40:04 PM EDT
I'm hoping that those of you who have SPR clones can tell me if you have a problem with eye relief on you Leupold scopes.

I noticed that those who run their uppers with the ARMS #40 flip-up sights have to mount the scope so that the eye piece is in front of the #40.  While those who either don't have peep sights or have the Knights folding sight have the eye piece of their scopes back flush with the charging handle.

Do those who have the ARMS #40 find that the scope is too far forward?  Especially at higher magnifications.

-Red-
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Leupold LRM3 sitting in ARMS Med rings on top of a ARMS SPR rail in front of the #40, and I have no issues with eye relief.  When I say 'in front of the #40', the scope is still partially covering the #40, so that is a bit misleading.  Perhaps if someone isn't using the ARMS SPR rail, they might have to mount further forward.  Or if they are using low rings.  Too many variables to say one way or the other...

Anyway, the Leupy has a lot of eye relief on it.  They state something like 4.5" for 3.5x and 3.5" for 10x so I really can't imagine anyone having a problem.

BTW, I have a KAC 300M and two ARMS #40s.  I don't use the KAC 300M anymore because the ARMS is so much better, but YMMV...
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The only "problem" wth eye relief is when you try to mount the scope only on the receiver.  With 3.5 to 4.5" of eye relief, the LR M3 must be mounted farther forward than the receiver alone allows, hence the need for the SPR Rail or the ARMS #35 base.

The "new" SPR scope, the TS-30, has much shorter eye relief and may allow mounting directly on the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

Sounds more like an issue of too much eye relief in stead of not enough?

Again most scoped AR's appear to have the eyepiece of the scope flush with the back of the upper.  But someone running a low profile scope on and SPR rail has to mount the scope further forward to clear the ARMS #40.  I was just concerned that it's not too far forward.

-Red-
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an A1 length stock on my rifle and that coupled with an M1 long range on my SPR, I had to go with a GG&G scout rail to get mine far enough forward to where I wasn't pulling my head back to get good eye relief.

IPSC_GUY sends
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top