Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 6:19:55 AM EDT
Just got my longer range SPR project back from the Gun Wizard, George Gardner, from GA Precision, www.gaprecision.net/indexr.html  I started with a brand new Knight's Armament SR-15 Match rifle. www.knightsarmament.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?display=98070&cart_id=8383222.11987
We shimmed the lower and upper recievers to eliminate any play for accuracy.  Added a Badger muzzle brake to the Kreiger stainless 1:7.7 twist stainless steel match barrel. A PRI flip-up front sight was then added to the barrel. Both the barrel, the brake and the PRI flip-up front sight were then black oxide finished. I bought an Armalite one piece scope mount, and a Weaver 6x20x40mm Grand Slam scope with the Varmint reticle, for the optics set-up.  A Badger Tactical latch was installed and the action was completely Fastex Auto-Action
treated.  A Knight's rear back-up 600 meter rear sight was added,  as was the Knight's QD RAS rail bipod and QD front sling adapaters.
A Harris BR bipod and a black Turner leather sling are also being used.  I will hopefully fire-lap the SPR with the David Tubbs Final Finish kit today and post some pics of this baby, by early evening hours.  This SPR project should be capable of sub .5 MOA groups. Keeping and getting the SPR to be ultra-accurate was one of my main goals.

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
AC Doctor,

Any shooting results yet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Whooo thats beautiful...

I want one,
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure wish I could find some time to shoot this baby, but work is kicking my ass, and the weather sucks (for shooting, that is) !!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a chubby [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
did the barrel come with the upper or did you buy it seperate if so from who looks good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top