Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2004 5:23:03 PM EDT
I decided to build an SPR (tired of waiting for Big Green to release some 6.8 SPC)

First, I stripped a Bushmaster SLW A3 upper pre-ban and tossed the crap.  I installed a White Oak 1/7 18" barrel with black KG Cote.  After a few attempts, I got the PRI tube on and added the flip front sight:

Next, I assembled the Stag lower with a RRA lower kit, NM trigger, Savage grip and Crane stock:

Full rifle to date:  

Still waiting on bi-pod, rings, MRT scope and A.R.M.S. 38 EXT.  Well, waiting on funds too.  This bitch is expensive!  

May I be allowed to say thank you and name as gentlemen Steve at ADCO and Wes at MSTN and all the folks at AR-15.com.  Without these resources, this would not have been possible.

I hope I'll get to shoot it soon and report on results.  This is my first build, I think I picked a challenging one to start with though.  I will feel pretty confident when my Bushy no ban barrel shows up for my carbine.  That'll be a snap!  

Gents, don't be afraid.  You can build an AR-15 from parts.  Just follow the guides, buy from good dealers and you can't go wrong.  

G23c
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
RED-X
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain.  I'm well clear of $2k with this one as pictured.  It still needs the proper KAC front and rear flip sights, and a sling.  I'm going to turn out a more authentic muzzle brake for it also.  Let's see, what else does it need......................................

A pic to motivate you:

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That's sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Bollocks.  Sony Image Station is giving me Red-Xs.

How do I add them to the AR-15 server?  

G23c
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bollocks.  Sony Image Station is giving me Red-Xs.

How do I add them to the AR-15 server?  

G23c

I'm seeing your pics just fine.  Wonder what the deal is?
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mongo - you waiting on a 600m KAC rear?  I could possibly get you another 300m if it would suit you (I'd go with the 600m on an SPR myself, but thought I would throw it out there).
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont worry in the end it will be worth it.

FREE
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow FreeFall... so THAT's the SPR I missed out on by not making it back out Sunday???

That's just SWEEET!

Hey thanks again for letting me shoot with he ACOG, using YOUR 77 grainers, and spotting for me, etc...  

If you couldn't tell, I don't get to talk AR's much.  If I hadn't needed to get my daughter by 6:00, I'd have twisted your arm for beers and more ARFCOM-versation.  

G23 - I got one pic and two X's, so I don't know what's going on either.  But that's a pretty blue net on the end of that muzzle!  

WTH?  Now they all work!  Go figure!
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mongo - you waiting on a 600m KAC rear?  I could possibly get you another 300m if it would suit you (I'd go with the 600m on an SPR myself, but thought I would throw it out there).

Thanks for the offer, but I just purchased both the flip front and the 600m rear and they are on the way.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
This might be a dumb question.  What's the collar for?
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 3:29:58 AM EDT
[#11]
If you mean the collar on FreeFall's rifle behind the Markers Mark?  That stablizes the suppressor when you slip it over the end of the barrel.  Mostly cosmetic for folks that don't have a tax stamp. He might, I don't.

G23c
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Moved forward quite a bit:

Just need a bi-pod:

Let's hope no RED-X!!!

G23c
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Hmm....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice. Can't wait for the range report.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top