Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 8:34:42 AM EDT
Here it is. all I need is the bipod adapter and the front sight. Also in the picture is my secret baby be quiet device!!! I think its made by crane but Im not at liberty to say who manufactures it.
New pic

25yrd Zero

And here is my crew chief cleaning and inspecting the SPR after firing.

Im very happy with my results and thank everyone for their help and advice.

FREE

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I would send it back, it can't even hit the black! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
  Very nice!   What barrel do you have on it and what is the twist of it?
  I've got my rifle set up pretty much the same and I used my Colt preban 1/7 twist chrome lined barrel.  
  I have a Leupold 6.5-20x40mm scope on top of it and it's a tack driver.
  Also, is your M5 RAS a free floating or standard?   I've got a C-More FF tube on mine, but I'm going to get a M5 in the near future.
Great rifle!
JD
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
FreeFall, I wanted to get a better look at your rifle so I enhanced the pic you posted. Feel free to use it if you want. Your rifle looks great and I WANT ONE!! [:D]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/36026710.jpg[/img]

Thank you for yoru military service too [USA]

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That is looking great!  Let us know when she is completely done.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FreeFall, I wanted to get a better look at your rifle so I enhanced the pic you posted. Feel free to use it if you want. It looks great and I WANT ONE!! [:D]

[url]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/36026710.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Hey CJan.  FreeFalls original picture was a little dark, but you really need to learn how to use Photo Shop a little better to properly enhance an image.  I may be a newbie to ARs, but I know a hell of a lot about digital photography.  There is only so much you can do with a low res image like this but this gives you a better idea.

Oh, BTW, love the rifle FreeFall but I still don't see a POD-LOC on it.  [;)]  I have a few of those secret baby be quiet devices around the house but mine must have been made by Hesse as they don't work worth a damn half the time.

[img]http://members.cox.net/daphotoguy/temp.jpg[/img]

Photograpy at its best:  [url]http://midwestglamour.0catch.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well since the Acog was going back on my M4 I didnt want to change the zero. Im sure I can adjust the new scope to put the rounds in the 10 ring.
        FREE

Quoted:
I would send it back, it can't even hit the black! [;)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks! The barrel is the douglas 18" spr 1/7 twist. It has a colt upper and the scope is a Leupold M3LR and the handguard is the KAC FF version. ahrris bipod and RRA 2 stage trigger.

FREE

Quoted:
  Very nice!   What barrel do you have on it and what is the twist of it?
  I've got my rifle set up pretty much the same and I used my Colt preban 1/7 twist chrome lined barrel.  
  I have a Leupold 6.5-20x40mm scope on top of it and it's a tack driver.
  Also, is your M5 RAS a free floating or standard?   I've got a C-More FF tube on mine, but I'm going to get a M5 in the near future.
Great rifle!
JD
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks,I have been wanting to build one since I was in Afghanistan. I realy couldnt afford one, but I received one hell of a deal on the upper so I scrounged up my pennies and nickles sold everything that was not mission essential and vola I have a SPR!!! my wife is happy it's done, because now she wont be going to the post office evey other day shipping stuff!!!

FREE

Quoted:
FreeFall, I wanted to get a better look at your rifle so I enhanced the pic you posted. Feel free to use it if you want. It looks great and I WANT ONE!! [:D]

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks,I have been wanting to build one since I was in Afghanistan. I realy couldnt afford one, but I received one hell of a deal on the upper so I scrounged up my pennies and nickles sold everything that was not mission essential and vola I have a SPR!!! my wife is happy it's done, because now she wont be going to the post office evey other day shipping stuff!!!

FREE

Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

You certainly did a beautiful job with it. I'm jealous as hell [:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey CJan. FreeFalls original picture was a little dark, but you really need to learn how to use Photo Shop a little better to properly enhance an image. I may be a newbie to ARs, but I know a hell of a lot about digital photography. There is only so much you can do with a low res image like this but this gives you a better idea.
View Quote

Dude, I don't know anything about digital photography but I know that Cjan's "enhancement" lightened it up so we could see it and my untrained eyes like his image better than the one you posted.

Give the guy a break,  he was only doing us a favor.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey CJan. FreeFalls original picture was a little dark, but you really need to learn how to use Photo Shop a little better to properly enhance an image. I may be a newbie to ARs, but I know a hell of a lot about digital photography. There is only so much you can do with a low res image like this but this gives you a better idea.
View Quote

Wow. Do you feel better now that you've had your daily affirmation?

I don't recall saying that I enhanced that pic for a photo composition contest, I enhanced it because I wanted to get a better look at FreeFall's work. Obviously he put a lot of time and love into that rifle and I wanted to get a better look so I could drool and covet one for myself.

You're into digital photography? That's excellent. Now I know who to ask when I have questions about the Nikon D100 that my wife and daughter gave me for Father's Day. A photographer I'm not-I'm just a humble commercial mortgage loan officer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you happy with the scope height and eye relief from those rings?  Good cheek weld for you?  I'm glad you didn't get a brake and collar for a suppressor you'll never own.  Next toy...KAC suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea the KAC FH seemed a good choice. The only SPR I saw in Afganistan is just like mine, they(navsof nuff said) were using the knight suppressor. so if its good enough for the seals its good enough for me. I dont think I will be getting a suppressor anytime soon, but when I pin on E-7 (hopefully by xmas) I will start the "suppresor fund"
           FREE

Quoted:
Are you happy with the scope height and eye relief from those rings?  Good cheek weld for you?  I'm glad you didn't get a brake and collar for a suppressor you'll never own.  Next toy...KAC suppressor?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely beautiful! Good Job Freefall!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#16]
What trigger, bolt, and bolt carrier did you use?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
RRA 2 stage, the barrel came with a fitted bolt and the bolt carrier is fulton armory.
    FREE

Quoted:
What trigger, bolt, and bolt carrier did you use?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice parts, should shoot like a dream.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#19]
That is a sweet rifle.

[marines]

max
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top