Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:55:12 AM EDT
The swan rail that connects the flat top to the PRI free float tube.

i cant find one anywere - I want one but I want to know if they are still made by ARMS and can I get one in a mid length version?

Thanks for any help...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sam,
Not sure if you saw my reply in your compliment on my SPR build or not.

I got mine from Adco. This AM it looks like Adco and EagleFirearms both have them in stock.

www.adcofirearms.com/acc/ProductLine.cfm?brand=ARMS&page=

www.eaglefirearms.net/ARMSnumber38SPR.htm

I also received a catalog from PRI today and they list both the ARMS SPR rail for the PRI Gen I and II forearms as well as the SPR PEQ 2-3 for the Gen III model.
I have not seen any mid-length rails of this type from ARMS for the PRI tubes.

PRI also makes their own similar rail that is available in carbine, middy, and rifle lengths.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Can the ARMS SPR Swan sleeve be used on another carbon fiber free float tube?  If so, what make of free float tube or outside diameter?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can the ARMS SPR Swan sleeve be used on another carbon fiber free float tube?  If so, what make of free float tube or outside diameter?

IIRC, the ARMS sleeve has screw positions that correspond to threaded inserts in the PRI tube.  Unless the "other" tube was threaded in the exact same spot, the front mounting would iffy, at best.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Mongo.  It looks like I will be using an extended sleeve: ARMS #38 extended or super extended, with the BUIS.

You saved me a ton of money and, no doubt, headaches and an acid stomach trying to make it fit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top