Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT
First off, I'm not trying to start any arguing over the SPOT vs Aimpoint vs EOtech vs Burris XTS.

Second, I am thinking about getting one of the SPOT scopes.  However I am worried that the included mount might not last as long as the optic.  Also I am worried that it won't cowitness with the FSB.  

I can't afford a big super fancy mount if the included one fails, do you all think that the $25 1" Burris mount will work with the SPOT should the included mount fail or not cowitness???

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a SPOT with the supplied mount and I can tell you it is better made than the rings Burris makes for their version of the SPOT.  If you are looking to save money I don't think there is a better mount for the SPOT than what comes with it other than a top of the line, high priced mount like LaRue, ARMS, GG&G, etc.

Just my .02
MadDog
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you much!  That's what I was wonderin'!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Also I am worried that it won't cowitness with the FSB.  

Considering all of us who HAVE them have repeatedly said it WIll cowitness what is yor worry about?

I can't afford a big super fancy mount if the included one fails, do you all think that the $25 1" Burris mount will work with the SPOT should the included mount fail or not cowitness???

No a 1" scope mount WILL NOT work for a 30mm optic.

Your best option if you don't like the stock mount (and I didn't) is to buy an Aimpoint QRP mount (get the spacer too).  You can usually find them in the EE for $50 or so.  My son's SPOT not resides in the QRP mount - it's a military tough mount with a decent return to zero.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
         No a 1" scope mount WILL NOT work for a 30mm optic|

I should have been more clear.  The burris mounts are desinated by height and the 1", is the highest spaced mount.  As in 1" off of the rail.

Considering all of us who HAVE them have repeatedly said it WIll cowitness what is yor worry about?

I must've just missed the posts but I hadn't seen any statements about cowitnessing.  Sorry.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I should have been more clear.  The burris mounts are desinated by height and the 1", is the highest spaced mount.  As in 1" off of the rail.

Ok in that case I can go and measure my kids QPR and let you know how tall it is with and w/o the spacer
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
1" from the top of the rail to the bottom of the optic will be the same height as the QRP with spacer (cowitness in the lower 1/3).
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Grassy-ass!!  Thank you very much.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top