Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2008 10:31:54 AM EDT
Angela just returned my call from this morning (good people) to let me know they started shipping .22 uppers today.

I ordered early March and she said I should receive mine next week.

Let the celebration begin, drinks on me.

I just felt a disturbance in the .22 Force, kinda a supply sucking sound.

Thought I'd pass this on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
did you get your email that yours is being shipped? and what is the date of your order?
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
did you get your email that yours is being shipped? and what is the date of your order?

Did you read my post??

your questions were addressed

also

read   http://spikestactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=122
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you read my post??

Yes, I skimmed it and read it, but I'm also slightly refering to the post Tom left in the Industry Forum.  He said we would receive emails from UPS when ours has shipped, etc....

Also from the spike's tactical website:

Udate 5/07/08 SHIPPING BACKORDERS TODAY FROM JANUARY FORWARD, HOPE TO HAVE MOST ALL COMPLETE BY THE END OF THE MONTH. Current lead time on .22lr uppers ordered today is running about 6 weeks. Updated picture shortly!

So end of the month? that could mean some people are not getting theirs shipped today?

I guess I should be more specific in my question:
I was also inquiring if you received an email on top of hearing it on the phone?
I'm still curious to know your exact order date?  This might let some of us know that if we ordered before you, that ours might be shipping today, or those after you know they might still have to wait some.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered mid march, I hope mine's in this batch. It would make this weekends range trip even more fun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
OK   let me clarify,

1. Spikes is starting to ship today, how many I have no idea.

2. I spoke to Angela I did not receive an e-mail as mine did not ship today, I was told it may ship some time next week, perhaps thats when I will get the e-mail.

3. I ordered via the phone early in March, what day?  I have no idea I have mad cow and the mind is gone.he
we good?

Regards,

Link Posted: 5/7/2008 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK   let me clarify,

1. Spikes is starting to ship today, how many I have no idea.

2. I spoke to Angela I did not receive an e-mail as mine did not ship today, I was told it may ship some time next week, perhaps thats when I will get the e-mail.

3. I ordered via the phone early in March, what day?  I have no idea I have mad cow and the mind is gone.

The reason I called is I need a heads up if a $600  item is going to be dropped on my doorstep and I'm out of town that week.

we good?

Regards,

You don't need to explain yourself.  I ordered in early January.  According to Jamie / Angela, I'm number eight on the list.  I didn't receive the last e-mail update, and I did not receive notification that my upper had shipped.  I imagine that these good folks are VERY busy right now, and their first priority is shipping merchandise, not sending e-mails.  

That being said, I also sent an e-mail inquiring as t the status of my order.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
we good?

Yeah
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I recieved an e-mail from UPS/Spikes the day after my order shipped. Not for my upper but for a Ciener kit I sent them to be adapted. It came with a tracking number and delivery date.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
This is an e-mail I received tonight.

"We began shipping on our .22lr uppers today with the new Spike's Tactical bolts
instead of modified Ceiner bolts and hope to have all backorders filled as soon
as possible.  We will send out a tracking number when they go.

Upcoming Products:

We have another .22lr upper configuration coming which is a 13.5" barrel which
goes into the receiver 1.5" and a permanently attached light weight billet crink
break, a 9" Daniel Defense lite rail, our upper and new bolt.  Stay tuned to the
.22 caliber section for availability.

We will be offering .22 drop in conversions in the near future but do not have
final pricing... again, stay tuned to the website for updates.

Redesigned Products:

Our vertical grip as been re-designed into a stubby grip and pictures will be
posted within the week.

The 26.5mm adapter has been lengthened after feedback from our customers.

Specials:

Since our vendor shipped us all OD hats instead of the tan, black and OD array
we are blowing out our OD hats at $5 each.

When buying a Havoc this month let us know what shirt size you wear and we'll throw
in our newest Havoc T-shirt for free!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and we hear from you soon,
The Spike's Tactical Team"

I'm sure they are limited by the number of the new bolts they have ready. I'm curious to see how their bolt compares to the Ciener.

Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered in early Jan. and got a call from Angela pluss a Quantum View notification of shippment with tracking # from UPS on 5-7-08. Schuled delivery is on the 15th. Can't wait but I live about as far away from Spikes as you can get and still be in the Cont. USA.
jws...
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered 2/6/08 and I'm still waiting!
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered mid march with the lothar barrel, still have 3 more months :(
-bb
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#14]
 Thanks for your hard work!
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I am still waiting on pricing from Angela on the Walther barrels that are due in. Angela has my request flagged so she can get me pricing ASAP.

I have my paper work in for a SWR Spectre Silencer for it.

Dane
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well I took a New bolt out of the production run dropped it in my upper and shot 1000 rounds through it Non-Stop, DRY, NO Lube! Not 1 Single Malfunction of Any kind!

All the testing I have done has been with BDM mags.

We have got most of November through January Shipped, Ive got almost everything built up to the end of March except for a few here and their that I needed parts to finish up. By the end of next week I should have almost every upper ordered Built and Ready for the next batch of bolts.

Each upper that was Shipped was built by me and test fired 10-15 rounds.

You guys Will receive an Email Notification when your upper ships, And Yes we are VERY Busy right now.

-Tom@Spike's Tactical

Tom, I don't mean to be a pain, but I just received a response from Angela stating basically the same thing you posted.  I ordered my upper in early January, but I haven't received any updates or tracking information, and my account has not been charged.  I'll IM you my information, and I'd really appreciate it if you would check on my order.  After waiting over four months, I'd hate to get left out now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
I am still waiting on pricing from Angela on the Walther barrels that are due in. Angela has my request flagged so she can get me pricing ASAP.

I have my paper work in for a SWR Spectre Silencer for it.

Dane

I didnt care about the extra pricing, she had said 100+, with no sure number, I asked her to just upgrade my order :D

-bb
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#18]
bb,

I would not have a problem sending in an extra $100.00 with the agreement there may be an additional charge if barrels come in at a higher cost. Of cource if they come in lower I would expect a rebate. I would like to have a spot set in the production line for a build.

I am starting to get a little frustrated waiting.
Dane
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi Tom,
Your new bolt sounds fantastic.  I placed an order just recently for a friend who is ill and he (and now myself as well) are excited about the prospect of the new bolt and the .22 upper I ordered.  My account was just recently charged...I hope that means that we might be getting the order soon. I'm sure my friend will be thrilled.  I haven't told him about the charge yet just in case and not to get his hopes up unnecessarily.  Why is it that you guys got to get me addictted just like my friend?  I don't know if its his fault or yours...lol...   Thanks anyway for the fun we are having waiting.  It feels we are waiting for Christmas and Santa claus...
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I got mine and a nice hat!
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
i42.photobucket.com/albums/e333/strycnine/100_1462.jpg

Was that hat free or did you order it with the 22LR?
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

1 Freaking picture! That's it?!! We need more of those man. NOW!
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Congrats!!!!  Now . . .

MORE PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#26]
badazzar15

You have any pictures of recent short barreled uppers that you have sent out? I would like to see the different configurations of short barreled upper. If so can you post some pictures or put a Gallery on your web site.

Dane
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was that hat free or did you order it with the 22LR?

Got it free

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 Freaking picture! That's it?!! We need more of those man. NOW!

I'm out of town working and my wife sent me that picture. I'll try to get her to send more

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats!!!!  Now . . .

MORE PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I'm out of town working and my wife sent me that picture. I'll try to get her to send more

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats!!!!  Now . . .

MORE PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

+1 Hows it shoot? You know what sux, I got to shoot that thing before you did.

I won't get to try it out till I get back in town. That's just wrong man....how many round do y'all test them with?
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#28]
we need more pics
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope to put 1000 or so thru it when I get home.

Link Posted: 5/11/2008 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably a wierd question but is there a gas tube on it? I know there is no need for the gas tube because the .22 is recoil operated but I am just wondering if it would be possible to run a gas tube if there is not one just for looks. Maybe cut it off before it enters the upper?
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]
height=8
Quoted:
Probably a wierd question but is there a gas tube on it? I know there is no need for the gas tube because the .22 is recoil operated but I am just wondering if it would be possible to run a gas tube if there is not one just for looks. Maybe cut it off before it enters the upper?

They do not come with a gas tube.
But, if you have a gas block or FSB, you can run a gas tube.
You would have to cut it short, so it wouldn't interfere with the .22 bolt.

Ray
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#33]
How much is a bolt going for?
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#35]
More pics to drool over.......

Link Posted: 5/12/2008 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#36]
AWESOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS!!!!!  

I thought these were E.R. Shaw barrels . . . but these are marked M1S . . . Model 1 Sales??
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
AWESOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS!!!!!  

I thought these were E.R. Shaw barrels . . . but these are marked M1S . . . Model 1 Sales??

Maybe M1S made by E.R. Shaw???? Maybe someone will chime in....hint, hint
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 5/12/2008 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Shaw makes barrels for M1S.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the video! That's what I wanted to see!! No failures of any kind!  I ordered early Feb and I can't wait for them to say mine has shipped!  I ran a 5" barrel on it so I'll take some pics when I get it so you can see how it looks. I can't wait!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I like to have the gas tube even if it is not functional i.e. KAC RAS that indexes of of the gas tube. The barrels used on on the kit have a allen wrench screw that goes into the A-frame where the gas tube would. I just cut the tube down so it goes into the upper but doesn't protrude into the upper past the milled hole. Then I just had to tap the tube into the A-frame with a hammer and use a roll pin to hold it in. It doesn't take much but you won't be able to put it in by hand (no need to drill the threads out)
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Ok, I went to the M1S website and saw that they offer complete barrel assemblies . . .

Tom, does Spike get the barrel assemblies complete w/ FSB straight from M1S?

The reason that I ask, is that I am concerned about getting the correct-height FSB for use with a Colt detachable carrying handle and BUIS (ie, I want an F-Marked FSB).

Is this something that can be easily requested and accommodated?
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone had a chance to run subsonics with the new Spikes Bolts?  Just curious as to whether they will function reliability since they set their system up to run on Fed Bulk Pack Ammo.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I want to start ordring magazines now. Who has the best buy on the full size Black Dog Mags? I see M1S sells the thin ones @ 6 for $150.00. I want the full body mags.

Dane
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I want to start ordring magazines now. Who has the best buy on the full size Black Dog Mags? I see M1S sells the thin ones @ 6 for $150.00. I want the full body mags.

Dane

44mag had them for 27.99 each and free shipping with orders over 200 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been looking at one of these uppers for the past few weeks now.  What's the current estimated wait time?
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
About Six weeks is what they are saying........
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 3:15:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Sherman,

Thank You!

I may order ten full body mags.

Does the Spikes upper come with a magazine?

Dane
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I can get the full bodied mags from brownells for $22.50 with dealer pricing
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top