Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 10:28:12 AM EDT
CDNN Has NEW Colt SP1 uppers for $399.99.. What are these, and is this a good deal...??
Used ones ( Colt)  are $299.
Other manf used $269.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The new upper, after you add the BCG and the CH, would be close the price of let's say a flat top Stag Arms or a discounted LMT upper complete.

If you're into retro rifles it should be fine and CDNN is a great company to deal with.

There are a few members that already bought it and here's a link to a thread with pics.

CDNN SP1 Uppers thread link
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 For CDNN uppers.  Good company.

Max
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Question: on the add for the new/used Colt uppersc it says"free stock, New SP1 buttstock and buffer assembly with EVERY SP1 upper" Does that include the used Colt? The used non-Colt?(from another add, on opposit page) Damn, I was trying to quit spending money!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if CDNN throws in an A1 pistol grip also?

If not, where is a good place to purchase a like-new one?  I can’t find any and will not pay $25 for a new one at SAW.

Scot

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If not, where is a good place to purchase a like-new one?  I can’t find any and will not pay $25 for a new one at SAW.

Scot

To my knowledge, the CDNN pieces don't come w/the pistol gip, but you might want to call them and check.  If not, check the "Used Parts" of the Equipment Exchange section.

And if you can't find one there, e mail me.  I've got a few stashed away.  Not really looking to sell any, but I'd probably make an exception for an AR15 website guy who was building a retro.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]

fulton armory sells them for like 5 bucks!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info!

I did not (obviously) look at Fulton Armory.  I have never ordered from them (yet).  I was surprised to see quite a few A1 parts.  That Legacy M16 clone is pretty cool too.

I just ordered one of the "new" CDNN Colt A1 uppers.  It's going on an Eagle Arms (Coal Valley) lower that is like new and is more gray than black... I think it will match pretty well.  I was happy to see M16A1 lowers did have a raised "fence" around the mag release like current lowers so the entire AR should look authentic.

Scot
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You won't be disappointed, but the biggest problem you'll have is only buying 1!  I would have bought 3 of them if it weren't for the fact that I knew my wife would have killed me when she saw $1200 on the credit card.  It's almost guaranteed that the buttplate on the stock will have some cracks as that is fairly common on those parts.  My butt stock also came with a crack in the upper rear corner.  Not that noticable and you can probably find them without cracks in the $15 to $25 range is you look here on EE or the top two auction web sites.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
GreenLantern,

I heard that somewhere else too about the buttstocks being cracked.  Their catalog says each "SP1" buttstock is "new" and they now include a "new" buttplate with each stock.  It doesn't say this on their website... who knows what I'll get.  I don't know a single person that has been unhappy with their $399 upper!

I do plan to wait until I get it before ordering an A1 pistol grip and any other parts I need.  I do know it's going to drive me nuts with an A2 pistol grip on it for even a week.  I might have to grind off the finger groove from an A2 like that one guy did until my A1 pistol grip gets here.  That actually looked pretty cool... and I have at least a 1/2 dozen a2 pistol grips laying around!

Scot
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 on the CDNN uppers. Actually, +2 href=this pic

P.S. Mine had no butt cracks (er, um, you know what I mean) and they also sent a new spare plate with each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top