Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
Hey guys, I am getting ready to put together an SP1 Clone. I purchased a slabside upper and stock (no buffer assembly). These are the parts that I think I need. I would appreciate your feedback and experience on this type of build.

I need....
1.) Bolt, Carrier, and Charging Handle
2.) Lower Parts Kit
3.) Buffer Assembly
4.) A1 Grip
5.) Bushmaster's Offset Pin (Converts Large Hole Upper to "Small Hole" Receiver)
6.) Receiver (Thinking of Essential Arms)

I have some questions....
1.) Can the a1 grip be installed with a2 grip hardware? If not, where can I get the right screw?
2.) Is the a1 buffer assembly specific for the a1 stock? Where can I find one?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
To answer your questions:

The A1 grip screw is the same as all the others, and a rifle buffer assy is a rifle buffer assy., no matter what model it is. Neither the buffer nor the tube have ever changed, from the first issue 'til now.

Rather than building an SP1 clone. what it looks like is that you're going to build up a clone of the Air Force issue M16.  Actually, that's a more practical type piece anyway.

True SP1s, with the big hole screw type attachment in front, are a real PITA to deal with when you're trying to take 'em down for a good cleaning.  I speak from personal experience, since I've owned one since 1978

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top